Author Topic: Panasonic breadmaker problem  (Read 8389 times)

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
Panasonic breadmaker problem
« on: April 01, 2011, 18:27:14 »
Have had Panasonic breadmaker couple of years with no problems.
Last 2 white loaves have not risen well (slightly pyramid shaped) and the outsides have been a little burnt.
Has anyone else had this problem? Using Tesco strong white and their sachet yeast as usual.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
Re: Panasonic breadmaker problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 20:00:26 »
I would try different flour or yeast.  I had a problem with loaves splitting on the top.  I changed to Lidl strong flour and no problem.  Someone on this site reccommended Lidl flour, cheap too. 

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 21:30:32 »
It may be duff yeast? Is it a new packet?

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:04:34 »
Carrs flour makes wonderful bread 4 me.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 15:49:41 »
Have had Panasonic breadmaker couple of years with no problems.
Last 2 white loaves have not risen well (slightly pyramid shaped) and the outsides have been a little burnt.
Has anyone else had this problem? Using Tesco strong white and their sachet yeast as usual.

There is a known problem with some Panasonic breadmakers, where the warming of the dough during the kneading cycle fails.  It is often an intermittent fault.  The results will be exactly as you say, since the dough will be insufficiently risen and/or proved.  I would be much more inclined to suspect this than the quality of Tesco's flour or yeast.

Have a look for your model of breadmaker on Amazon, and look at the 1 and 2 star reviews.  Those will be from people whose machines have been unreliable in some way!

suepc

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:52 »
My Panasonic SD-255 seems to have developed this problem.  The last 2 loaves didn't rise properly. Last week it worked fine with exactly the same yeast & flour.

Is there a fix for this or do I need a new machine?

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 07:17:02 »
 some makes of flours has  a diffrent soak up of liquid  some needing more liquid then others even with in the same make, its a case of trial and error, its to due to the density of the flour /corn

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 18:21:27 »
My original problem did turn out to be the yeast (although it had been fine until then) - when I looked at sachet it was just out of date. Used a fresh packet and the bread rose as normal and no problems since then.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal