Author Topic: rumours of committee being pushed out  (Read 15563 times)

monty d

• Not So New ...
rumours of committee being pushed out
« on: March 19, 2011, 17:01:37 »
hi, i am from a site in erdington, i have just heard that there are plans to get rid of our current committee at our next agm. i think this is terrible as they have worked really hard to improve the site especially the chairwoman  >:(

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: rumours of committee being pushed out
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 18:02:09 »
'I have heard' is all too often used as 'evidence' on allotment sites.
a committee can't be 'pushed out' as such, but a new one can be elected in?
(you can't vote anyone out, you have to vote someone in)

if folk are genuinely happy with the current committee, why would they vote in someone new?
You couldn't make it up!

monty d

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 19:17:26 »
there has been a lot of back stabbing and lies spread, i was made to sign a petition for something last year that was a bunch of lies. people seem to get sucked in to things and not find out the truth. it just seems a few nasty people have nothing better to do. i will be supporting the committee and have told others to do the same

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 19:27:27 »
I am from Court Lane allotments and the only time I have been asked to put my signiature to anything was last year when our Allotment Secretary and Treasurer stood down. We added our name to a list of others who wanted them to reconsider their decision.
Perhaps you have been asked to sign something else that I am not aware of.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 19:36:01 »
if folk are genuinely happy with the current committee, why would they vote in someone new?
What used to happen on a committee that I was on (not allotment related) is somebody would compain and whinge about the committee, and then get a group of members to go to the AGM to vote them in.
Although the majority did not want this, the majority did not turn up to vote so they often got in.
These people tended to be a waste of space, and come the next AGM they would be voted out, normally replaced by the previous person, that's if they had not already resigned.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 19:40:13 »
there has been a lot of back stabbing and lies spread, i was made to sign a petition for something last year that was a bunch of lies.

1, back stabbing and lies spread is 'normal for allotments' in my experience

2, you were 'made' to sign something? at knife-point, or by some other means? ;)
You couldn't make it up!

tazz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 19:42:15 »
 Hi i am from Court Lane Allotments can you please tell me where you get your news from as no one on our Allotments nows

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 19:43:45 »
Hi i am from Court Lane Allotments can you please tell me where you get your news from as no one on our Allotments nows

in some 'old boy's shed' probably, same as on most allotment sites!! LOL
You couldn't make it up!

monty d

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 19:52:28 »
i am not from court lane allotments, i am from birches green. do you have problems on your site to ?

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 19:55:26 »
there has been a lot of back stabbing and lies spread, i was made to sign a petition for something last year that was a bunch of lies. people seem to get sucked in to things and not find out the truth. it just seems a few nasty people have nothing better to do. i will be supporting the committee and have told others to do the same

I dont understand the "  i was made to sign a petition for something last year that was a bunch of lies."
It seems that you did not want to suport the committee then so why now
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 20:04:07 »
I must apologise Monty. I forgot that there was more than one allotment site in Erdington. In fact we came to your open day last summer. Hope you get the result that the majority of the plotholders desire.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

monty d

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 20:12:22 »
i don't think us normal sensible ones will  :'( as i said before some people are just nasty and small minded

monty d

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 20:26:28 »

I dont understand the "  i was made to sign a petition for something last year that was a bunch of lies."
It seems that you did not want to suport the committee then so why now
i did support them then, but i was made to feel like i had to sign it or be shunned by everyone on site, i had only been there 6 months

Isleworth

• Half Acre
    • http://plot31a.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 00:02:54 »
Sorry to read that... Since getting my plot a few years ago and joining the Association, I have quickly learnt how differences in opinions can cause issues on the site and how fickle plot holders can be.

Only thing I can think of is, if enough supporters of the current committee attend the AGM and the current committee stand for re-election and get their votes... then unless the new people who wish to push out the current committee get more votes to over turn the current committee they shouldn't be able to do it. (If that makes sense - sorry it's been a long day)

Sadly, I can see our Association ending at the next AGM, due to the only people who do anything planning on resigning… Perhaps it will continue with a new committee for a year or so but don't think it will last, people are quick to say to yes then do little or back out when they don't like something or there is work to do.

Once it's gone it's back to square one... no funds to make fence repairs or improvements and nobody talking to eachother :'(

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 00:13:08 by Isleworth »

monty d

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 18:27:49 »
good news everyone, our committee got voted back in. there was a obvious plan to overthrow them as people were outside the agm telling plot holders to vote against them !!
also there seemed to be a few questions purposely asked by a few people targeted at the chairwoman.

but no worries the best ones won in the end  ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 19:16:12 »
good news everyone, our committee got voted back in. there was a obvious plan to overthrow them as people were outside the agm telling plot holders to vote against them !!
also there seemed to be a few questions purposely asked by a few people targeted at the chairwoman.

but no worries the best ones won in the end  ;D

I'm getting a bit confused here.

You said that you were from Birches Green allotments in Erdington, and that the Chair is a woman.  You said that the committee has been voted back in at the AGM.

I happen to be quite friendly with a member of the committee at Birches Green who tells me that the Chair is in fact a man, and that their AGM isn't until the end of April.

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you've written,  but what's going on?  ???
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 19:27:50 »
Come on monty, do tell...  :-\
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

tazz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 19:33:41 »
Are you monty d or Julie

monty d

• Not So New ...
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 21:53:18 »
who is julie ??
my screen name is monty d
my name is richard