Author Topic: rumours of committee being pushed out  (Read 15566 times)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: rumours of committee being pushed out
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 18:26:53 »
it's our AGM next Tuesday.
You couldn't make it up!

pumkinlover

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 19:21:14 »
Helpers came and quickly unloaded the wagoon ;D
Then i set on a new tennant, that takes nearly and hour.

Was trying to get my potatoes in when a plot holder lit a bonfire  then b********d off. Nice windy day so 15 minutes later it was spreading onto another pile of rubbish and starting to burn her gooseberry bush ???

Then got some water and put it out before the neighbours reported an unattended fire out of control and wasted tax payers money on a fire call out >:(

Some come on push me out then I can just go on my plot and get me tatties in!!!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 20:24:10 »
I have to say Betty, although our small 7 plot bit of land is lovely, i have to applaud you and all your allotmenteers on your site. I had to have a look on your website and even your website is welcoming, it is a great mix of people you have and great facilities, am I jealous, Moi!!! well, just a little bit. I admit when i am in the wrong and you seem to have a great comunity there. Well done Betty and all of your committee members, please keep up the good work that you do.

Kxxx

Ahh, that's really kind of you, thank you. :)

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 21:50:56 »
We had our AGM last Saturday and I stood down as secretary. No nominations before the meeting but we managed to get someone to replace me at least on a trial basis. The committee is still one member short. Maybe it should be a requirement on the missive of let that every member must serve on the committee ... a bit like jury duty??  ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 22:32:41 »
We had our AGM last Saturday and I stood down as secretary. No nominations before the meeting but we managed to get someone to replace me at least on a trial basis. The committee is still one member short. Maybe it should be a requirement on the missive of let that every member must serve on the committee ... a bit like jury duty??  ;D ;D ;D ;D :P
we've got about 700 members, it'd be a nightmare!
You couldn't make it up!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:43 »
Oh I wasn't thinking of it as a general rule Tony, just on our site where we have about 100 members and a committee of nine. Anyway it's not going to happen!!

pumkinlover

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 09:17:12 »
We managed to get through half a demijohn of parsnip wine at last Com. meeting so it's good there's only 9 of us! must get some more made ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:20 »
We managed to get through half a demijohn of parsnip wine at last Com. meeting so it's good there's only 9 of us! must get some more made ;D

can I come to the next meeting? ( I'll bring my own glass) :)
You couldn't make it up!

pumkinlover

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 13:19:13 »

can I come to the next meeting? ( I'll bring my own glass) :)

You'd be welcome ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 19:32:32 »
It was our AGM today and it went very smoothly and was all over in about 40 minutes.  We have a new treasurer, but only because the current one is giving up due to ill-health.  The Chairman and I were both re-elected and we gained two new committee members - Shirl and another plot holder.

I was really concerned beforehand that someone would complain about the cats but nobody did.  In fact, there were no serious complaints at all. 

We had wine and cake afterwards and everyone went home happy.  And the cats can sleep safely in their beds...... :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

pumkinlover

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 20:23:53 »
Glad yours went well Betty so did ours.
We presented our ex- secretary with a card and orchid as he has just given up his plot having celebrated his 90th birthday last week :)

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 20:43:57 »
Betty, how did you get the AGM over in 40 minutes??

Ours - at the end of January - went fairly smoothly; but we had the Community Police there, so had a long discussion on site security; had various questions from the floor; plus the Treasurer's report and the Chairman's report summing up the past year - quite a lot had happened! - so we were double your length.

We also had a slide show to start & finish, plus refreshments and a raffle, which paid for the hire of the hall.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 20:55:24 »
Glad yours went well Betty so did ours.
We presented our ex- secretary with a card and orchid as he has just given up his plot having celebrated his 90th birthday last week :)

It's good to hear about AGMs that run smoothly, isn't it! I'm glad yours was okay too, an orchid is a lovely present.  :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 21:06:24 »
Betty, how did you get the AGM over in 40 minutes??

Ours - at the end of January - went fairly smoothly; but we had the Community Police there, so had a long discussion on site security; had various questions from the floor; plus the Treasurer's report and the Chairman's report summing up the past year - quite a lot had happened! - so we were double your length.

We also had a slide show to start & finish, plus refreshments and a raffle, which paid for the hire of the hall.

We didn't have any guest speakers but we did have a Chairman's report.  I sat next to him and told him before the meeting that if I suddenly leaned on him it meant he was rambling and that he should stop.  ;)  I didn't have to.  I don't give a report because it's all in the Chairman's report.  The Treasurer forgot to do one, but invited questions, there weren't any.

We had questions at the end, there were a few but nothing controversial.
The Chairman asked if anything needed to be done differently and was told "If it isn't broken, don't fix it"!

We didn't have a raffle because we only do them at Christmas.

About 30 plot holders plus committee attended.

I suppose we decided to keep it fairly short because it is held on a Sunday morning which is the time when many people work on their plots. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 08:33:53 »
Shirl on the committee,   :o  watch out Betty she'll take over and won't stop until she takes over the world.   :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2011, 08:38:53 »
Wine and cake was lovely ;D
To Kev------I only joined for the free wine and cake that I hope they have at every meeting.My first suggestion is that they should meet once a week ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:44:10 by shirlton »
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2011, 16:33:22 »
Go girl.   ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tazz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 19:12:05 »
hi, i am from a site in erdington, i have just heard that there are plans to get rid of our current committee at our next agm. i think this is terrible as they have worked really hard to improve the site especially the chairwoman  >:(
  Hi all just to let you no wee have a new treasray as the old one has steeped down she has had Enif

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2011, 06:14:39 »
 ;D ;D ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal