Author Topic: top tip .MEN ONLY  (Read 2226 times)

ACE

• Hectare
top tip .MEN ONLY
« on: February 18, 2011, 14:34:12 »
Are you into tinkering with old bits of machinery, (there you are ladies, I stated men only, you can stop reading now)

I am restoring an old motorcycle, stripping it to the ground every nut and bolt then rebuilding it with all the worn out bits replaced. It will be like new when I finish. As my lovely wife is at work I took the opportunity of cleaning the crank cases and the empty gearbox in the dishwasher. Absolutely magic, they look like they have just come out of the factory. Gunk them up and put them on the hottest wash, but just to take the gunky smell away do a proper wash with the dishes afterwards and she will never know you have used it. I can see this also being handy for rotovator tines, oily spanners and socket sets. Just make sure she is out for the day.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: top tip .MEN ONLY
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 14:37:11 »
Are you into tinkering with old bits of machinery, (there you are ladies, I stated men only, you can stop reading now)

I am restoring an old motorcycle, stripping it to the ground every nut and bolt then rebuilding it with all the worn out bits replaced. It will be like new when I finish. As my lovely wife is at work I took the opportunity of cleaning the crank cases and the empty gearbox in the dishwasher. Absolutely magic, they look like they have just come out of the factory. Gunk them up and put them on the hottest wash, but just to take the gunky smell away do a proper wash with the dishes afterwards and she will never know you have used it. I can see this also being handy for rotovator tines, oily spanners and socket sets. Just make sure she is out for the day.

and make sure the OH doesn't read allotment forums!!
You couldn't make it up!

THE DOG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 14:43:07 »
But do not be tempted to use the wifes washing machine!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwYW_RGWSmM

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 18:17:01 »
So who would wash the pots by hand if you had b.........d up the dishwasher? ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 14:59:40 »
 I would love to be that fly on the wall if she finds out Ace. ;D ;D ;D

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 15:28:09 »
What bike is it Ace?
Been a 'bit of' a biker myself. Since I was old enough to own a moped in fact.
Thinking about it, I only owned a car once... Well, I say 'car', it was a reliant robin, we moved house in it.
Anyways.... I have a Raynal Autocycle in boxes somewhere. Mostly complete, it has a Villiers 98cc Deluxe engine in it, swept back handlebars, and you pedal backwards to brake.... One day, if ever I can afford it, I'll have it back up and running again..

So. Wocha got?
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 18:32:47 »
It's  an old ironhead sportster that I chopped years ago, but it has been in bits for years. I still have most of the original parts, so it's time it went back on the road.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 22:32:15 »
Nice!
Feeling the urge to taste flies again eh?
I have to admit that, after two serious accidents many years ago, my bottle has gone as well as my bones....
It's the bus for me from now on...
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal