Author Topic: Seeds have arrived!!  (Read 1971 times)

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
Seeds have arrived!!
« on: January 07, 2005, 22:32:15 »
Waahhaaayy!

2 lots of seeds arrived today, some from Suttons and a load from Kings! Just waiting for my order from Alan Romans as per EJ's recommendation and I'm all ready for spring   :)

Errrr,....... all apart from the digging of new beds, making a compost bin, installing a water butt, new baby due in 9 weeks etc etc.

I'd better get busy this weekend!! LOL

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Seeds have arrived!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 22:34:05 »
Fab news TimJ. We are at the plot all day on Sunday so lets all hope for slightly less wind!  :D

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 23:09:19 »
"Outsiders" will never understand how exciting it is when that big jiffy envelope of seeds arrives!! 

Mentioned before that we order ours thru the local Allotment Society (FEDAGA - Jock knows all about them too) and the Secretary made a personal delivery of ours night before Christmas Eve - Rudolph wasn't with him tho!  The seeds are from Kings and are at trade prices and often "growers' packs" which give about triple the amount for the same price - excellent value. So I'm champing at the bit but Mr W being his usual patient self just carries on checking his modules and propagators.

Seed potatoes don't come to us until February.....egg trays all ready tho!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 13:09:22 »
congratulations on your expectations TimJ............let us know....!

Sarah-b

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 09:37:27 »
Yes it is soooo exciting when those little parcels arrive.
And you have an even bigger and more exciting parcel on the way. Congratulations!
Is this going to be your first baby?
Do let us know all the details!

Sarah.

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 16:53:28 »
Lol Sarah, it certainly looks a bigger parcel..!! ;D

This will be addition no. 2 to the Johnson family, we have a gorgeous little girl of 23 months going on 23 years who keeps us constantly amused...I can't wait to let her have a go at planting some plants/seeds. I'm trying to get as much done around the house and garden as possible before the big event takes precedence ;D ;D

Sarah-b

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 10:10:49 »
My childern have the same age gap as yours then.
Number 2 arrived when number 1 was 25 months. I have to say the first 3 months after number 2 was born were very hard work. Be very supportive to OH - she will have her work cut out.
Of course, if number 2 sleeps all the time, you'll be laughing. Get them used to the allotment and you can have lots of fun there. Last summer, we had lots of picnics down at the plot and the eldest (now 4 and a half) did some sowing.
Just think - by the end of the summer you will be pureeing your own-grown carrots - fantastic!!
Sarah.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal