Author Topic: What are dutch lights?  (Read 4100 times)

piglit

• Quarter Acre
  • Tall oaks… from little haycorns grow.
What are dutch lights?
« on: January 10, 2005, 16:03:24 »
There are some advertised in the gardening section of my local paper.  But what are they? Do I want them?

Thanks,

piglit
"It is awfully hard to be b-b-brave," said Piglet, "when you are only a Very Small Animal."

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: What are dutch lights?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 16:09:52 »
I've just googled it (bored at work) and the only clear reference to it seems to suggest that it's a cold frame. OK so I'm confused. I stopped googling when it made far too many reference to 'pot' for me to feel confortable looking at it during work time.

I'm curious now...
gone to pot :D

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 16:25:45 »
i would know them as cloches. possibly made of glass. movable.
what else does the advert say? size, number etc? then you could tell if they were a bargain. intrigued now!
try searchin:g dutch light cloches. that will show you some diagrams.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 16:29:27 by Kerry »

piglit

• Quarter Acre
  • Tall oaks… from little haycorns grow.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 16:59:14 »
Thanks guys! I too got a bit put off when I googled as there were lots of references to pot which I thought wouldn't look too good if managment looked over my shoulder... hence I called up on you lot! I found a picture though thanks to kerry (the addition of cloche improved the results no end). I think they may be a bargain -
"DUTCH lights, 20 wooden panels with glass, 5ft x 2ft 6in, £3 each or 10 for £20."
Just have to phone now - I expect they will have been sold already.  Don't you just love your local free ads???

Piglit
"It is awfully hard to be b-b-brave," said Piglet, "when you are only a Very Small Animal."

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 20:08:04 »
they do sound a bargain don't they? let us know if you get them.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal