Author Topic: kindle  (Read 2966 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: kindle
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 16:00:37 »
I would not really want my house taken over by books, I read them then bin them. I have a few reference books out at the studio but I can't remember the last time I used them now I have the worlds knowledge at my fingertips on the laptop The same with music it is all mp3 now and the discs I used to have  got resold on ebay. How much easier that would have been a few divorces ago ;)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 16:25:45 »
Trouble is ACE, some modern books have been 'altered' to suit modern times, for instance, bee-space, discovered by a German Bee-Keeper according to my 1885 Encyclopaedia, but attributed to a Yank in modern books, this was changed during WW1, when a lot of facts were altered (German Shepherds became 'Alsations', etc)
You couldn't make it up!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 16:29:18 »
...Saxe-Coburg-Gotha became Windsor....... ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 17:33:00 »
If you keep bees and dogs that bite alsations you could need this information to hand. But my laptop has just told me that honey is a couple of pence cheaper in asda than it is in Tesco and german shepherds are just the same as welsh shepherds except for the funny lingo and better quality welly boots. ;D

But I can see what you are saying, though even these facts are freely availiable on the net.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal