Author Topic: Scotch Bonnet Chillies Not Flowering.  (Read 5693 times)

Denzle

• Not So New ...
  • Now Thats What I Call A Nice Pair
Scotch Bonnet Chillies Not Flowering.
« on: September 17, 2010, 22:14:03 »
Hi To All,
                  I have two Scotch Bonnet chilli plants growing in my polytunnel along with other chillies.

First of all, is this a Scotch Bonnet plant.      It looks nothing like others that I have seen growing. Its just a bush of small leaves and the plants are growing well covering a 3 Ltr pot

Others have a stalk like regular chilli plants.   These seeds were bought off a well known ebay supplier.

I have great success with all my other chillies, but theses two have plenty of leaves but show no sign of flowering after several months growing.    ???

Can anyone help......   

Also, How do I get my picture on here. ? I press image and it comes up as [IMG] [IMG]    ::)  What do I do then.

Thanks Denzle.
Denzle.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Scotch Bonnet Chillies Not Flowering.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:30:30 »
Hello Denzle and welcome to A4A.

I'm growing many different chillies this year but Scotch Bonnet is probably the slowest one of them to flower.  I don't know why this is, maybe someone else will come along with an answer for you.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:51 »
my Scotch Bonnet is one of the most vigorous chilis i've got - thick stem, big plant. This is it's second year. It didn't flower last year. Maybe that's the problem, or maybe your's wasn't kosher seed.

Try this link about putting pictures on here

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,44356.0.html

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 17:24:30 »
Welcome Denzle - the link below will tell you how to subscribe £10 per year so that you can upload photos direct to the forums. Most of us are more than happy to subscribe - it helps Dan keep the site safe and easy to use.

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,23713.0.html

Tricia

Mitch Griffin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 17:40:37 »
Hi Denzle,I have been having the same problem lovely vigorous growth no flowers,tried every thing I can ,told it you have one week,after several months of persuasion.Being the wimp I am, as the growth was still good I bunged it on the floor.That was a week ago,tonight I have been into the green house to water and bingo flower buds!!!.Glad I was not the only one.I am going to try cutting it right back in December to see what happens.Good luck with yours,don't know if this helps,but hope it dose.All the best Mitch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal