Author Topic: Hi all. from Jeannine  (Read 6017 times)

Mushy Pea

• Acre
Re: Hi all. from Jeannine
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 07:47:22 »
Sorry to hear of your medication problems. Hope you keep them optimum.

Glad you are back Jeannine.

Enjoy your trip to the mall.

MP

P.S. Just had a vision of you doing "wheelies" around the mall.  ;D

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 08:25:09 »
Hi Jeannine,
Sorry youve had such a traumatic few days , its hard to come to terms with and these are big changes. Good luck with your first outings  my neighbour now has a circular track around his garden with his greenhouses at one end, he speeds around it!! he says he just needs a trailer on the back now to carry compost etc!!

thats great news about John

I have a tub of compost in the house with some trays so that even when the weather prevents me going out i can get my green fix by sowing a few seeds or potting things on, theres nothing like it for lifiting your mood and looking forward to the future.

Glad to have you back
take care
love sunloving

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 09:17:53 »
Glad to see you're back with us Jeanine- I missed you!

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 09:55:57 »
Good to hear you are taking it a little easy......
Don't think of it as steady and boring, more like a good recipe, little bit of this little bit of that....not tooooooooo much of any one thing for a good balance  ;D

I think you are right, take time to get used to how your scooter copes with moving about and how people react. Then just start experimenting a little more with where it can manage to go. Have you got a back up/rescue plan if you go somewhere it doesn't like?

Hope your lottie has behaved in your absence
Take care x
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 22:40:11 »
Hi all. still, alive and kicking..well maybe not kicking. Did my scooter trip round the mall.OK for learning to drive,,but I hate malls. Then to the lottie, and wow, it went the 1/4 mile over the grass no problem at all so for that reason alone it is worth it. I haven't been out since though, still very tired and still dtermined to get off this medicataion. I have now succesfully got off my patches..again, pain level is way up but so far I am managing. Next to go is the Tramadol,that I knocked off just yesterday and not much different today..so I will leave it for a few days to see.  I know I am probably crazy but I cann ot stand the sleepy thing all the time with the meds..it is a trade of I guess.

Thankks for all the Pms , I will get around to nswering you all but even a few minutes typing hurts a bit too much right now.
Take care..will pop in again in a few days, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 23:10:28 »
Hi all. still, alive and kicking..well maybe not kicking. Did my scooter trip round the mall.OK for learning to drive,,but I hate malls. Then to the lottie, and wow, it went the 1/4 mile over the grass no problem at all so for that reason alone it is worth it. I haven't been out since though, still very tired and still dtermined to get off this medicataion. I have now succesfully got off my patches..again, pain level is way up but so far I am managing. Next to go is the Tramadol,that I knocked off just yesterday and not much different today..so I will leave it for a few days to see.  I know I am probably crazy but I cann ot stand the sleepy thing all the time with the meds..it is a trade of I guess.

Thankks for all the Pms , I will get around to nswering you all but even a few minutes typing hurts a bit too much right now.
Take care..will pop in again in a few days, XX Jeannine

Good to hear from you Jeannine and that the scooter is coping with the grass so well.  I guess you are glad you opted for the model with the more powerful engine  So pleased that you are getting better and coming off some of the medicines.  Take great care please and keep getting better.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 16:44:01 »
lovely to hear from your Jeannine and that's wonderful news about the scooter and the lottie  :)

Take Care with those meds my friend  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 01:42:22 »
Thanks again..still  not been able to get out but finishing my second baby shawl!! I feel a bit like the flowers around me..dropping their blossoms and looking a bit ragged, I think it is called getting old LOL ..but  hopefully I  will pick up a bit more than I am.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 15:34:49 »
All the best girl and if you get five minutes you could knit us a scarf as it's a bit parky today.   :o :o :o
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 15:23:48 »
Take care! It's hard sometimes when you know you should slow down but there is so much to get done, to see and experience! Look after your precious health and good news about your hubby too.

I got quite a few butternuts BTW! even though all my plants died with mildew! as a conversation HAS to include squash  ;D ;D
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 18:01:56 »
Thanks for the update Jeannine, keep taking care of yourself, you're missed :) :-*.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 18:17:46 »
Good to hear the shawls are coming on so well and very nice to hear from you.
Sometimes things just take a little time and nearly always more time than we would like  :)

Really good news your chariot copes well with going to the lottie what a bonus  :)

x
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 00:10:25 »
Lovely to see you back.

Really miss you when you're not about.

Take care and John too.

Sinbad

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 01:11:50 »
Ha ha..well I got an unexpected outing today.. the fire alarms went off and we dutifully left the apartment. I somehow made it down the stairs on my elbow crutches, three floors, in my Pjs and slippers, John was dressed but in T shirt and joggers.. torrential rain outside, and I mean really torrential.

Outside we heard  from a neighbour a dryer in the laundry room had burst into flames.

After about 10 minutes sitting on a wooden soaked bench in the rain, John ran and got the car and we drove to a friends about 3 miles away.

No answer, despite the fact that she rarely goes out, so where do you go in soaking wet Pj's(plus no wallet as John didn't pick it up).

We parked for about an hour, then quickly got home as the gas tank was almost on empty.

Fire engines just leaving..  Fire out and contained in the laundry room which of course is now out of action.

So that was my first trip out in nearly two weeks, isn't life great LOL

XX Jeannine

PS I have already started sneezing!!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 06:32:35 »
This does not sound good for you at all.  Sounds like you need a supply of space blankets hidden somewhere on the stairs.   I have some in the car in case it conks out.  But thinking about it a couple taped to the front door might be a good idea.

You could have just done without this right now.  Look after yourself.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:36 »
good to hear you are making fun out of a lousy situation Jeannine  :)
Now you just go ahead and drink lots of hot toddys  ;)  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:40 »
Had a great day today, went scootering in Costco's..bit like Macro, spent far too much money but stayed there 2 hours..no chance on my legs, srill tired and sneezy but think I am fine..

Thinking od going to Harrison Hot springs resort and spa for thansgiving long weekwnd,not sure but the whole gang of my best friends  family are going so it could be fun..and I can swim like a fish, though just floating motionless in a volcanic pool sounds very inviting.

XX Jeannine

PS good nidea about the blankets, actually we should have a go bag ready as we are slap on the Pacific Rim Volcanic circle and a biggie is expected. We always used to have one ready before and it came in useful once or twice.Thank you for the reminder.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 10:17:20 »
oooooo a holiday to look forward to, sounds like just what the doctor should order  :)

Spudbash

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:57 »
Yeah, go for it: float, swim, laugh, relax.....  :)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 12:18:59 »
Mmmmm-Floating in a volcanic pool- now that sounds like  a good vacation with family.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal