Author Topic: Air filter/purifier  (Read 1139 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Air filter/purifier
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:35:16 »
Does anyone own an air purifier. The type that helps to reduce dust and pollen etc in rooms. I am thinking of buying one and would like to know what other owners think.

Duke :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:38:26 by Duke Ellington »
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Re: Air filter/purifier
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 08:11:01 »
I use a Zenbow aroma diffuser which I really like. It's avaiable from amazon but I got mine from essential oils direct because I wanted oils too. I think there are more details on EOD site but reviews on amazon.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 09:09:38 »
We have one - a Honeywell HEPA round thingy. It's quite noisy & replacing the carpets with polyester (from wool) had a much better effect on my all year hay fever... Mind you, the filter was £150ish & the carpets were rather more!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:54:13 »
I bought one over ten years ago from Amcor for my asthmatic husband, and we are very happy with it.  Still running 24/7.  It has an ioniser (not convinced that ionisers do very much) and a HEPA filter which filters out tiny particles.  They also supplied a washable filter, which is much cheaper and reusable, although I have hoovered the hepa filter several times and then reused it too.  It has two speeds, one for constant use, one to clean a room quickly.  The faster mode is slightly less quiet, the slow mode is very quiet.  I notice the difference with or without the machine on.  We have it in the bedroom.  Hubby is not bad enough to need the whole house doing.

Unfortunately they are not selling that model anymore, but there are similar machines around, based on the principle of a slow blower in reverse, which is sucking air in and cleaning it by running through a filter of some sort.

There are much more expensive models available too for really serious allergy sufferers.  Filterless models too.  The first type costs around 50 pounds the second several hundred.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:08:38 by galina »

maybelsui

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 14:43:25 »
I have my home air purifier. Honeywell is the brand and it works well. You May want to search on some reviews for you to know the best for your room.

FilZer

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 17:27:33 »
             I also have a home air purifier and it is scented apple. It also a Honeywell brand. Honeywell is really amazing and this is the coolest among the rest.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 18:10:40 »
filZer.   Could you post more details.   I am looking at them online but have no idea what to look for.   What size room ect.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal