Author Topic: Allotment show and open day - Granville Park Allotments (Urmston, South Manc)  (Read 2100 times)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
Our show and open day is next Sunday (22nd Aug) and we open to the public at 2pm. The site in Urmston, South Manchester very close to the Trafford Centre.

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=granville+road+urmston&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.083905,43.286133&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Granville+Rd,+Urmston,+Trafford+M41+0,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.451529,-2.343714&spn=0.002971,0.010568&z=17

There are entrances to the site via westborne park, oak grove and the (dead)end of granville park. We have a an onsite carpark, but space is very limited. There is plenty of parking in the surrounding streets.

We will be selling vegetables, fruit, flowers alongside homemade jams, chutneys and preserves. Tea/coffee/softdrinks with a cake stall and the chance to have a look around the site. The annual show results will be avaliable from 2pm and the results and exhibitions are open to the public. There are also a number of stalls e.g tombola, bric a brac, bookstall and various games.

Would be great to see any local A4A-ers. Both Ant and I will be there - ask for Rachel and Anthony. Would be happy to give any of you a tour of the site.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
I may have to think of a reason to visit my sister in Wigan....  ;D

Sparkly

• Hectare
You should come over Saddad. We could see if Manics could make it as well and have a little get-together!

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Hope you have a successful day - and that the rain holds off!!

1066  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
sorry, sparkly, wewere in Cornwall until yesterday, hope you all had a great time  ;D

Sparkly

• Hectare
Yeah was a great day. Lots of visitors came along.  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
It didn't quite work out... my sister brought her husband down for the week to watch cricket at Trent Bridge!  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal