Author Topic: Open day - Glasgow  (Read 1436 times)

greenstar

• Half Acre
  • Glasgow
Open day - Glasgow
« on: August 15, 2010, 21:36:04 »
It's that time of year again.

We are having our Open Day at the New Victoria Gardens in Albert Drive, Pollokshields, Glasgow on Saturday 21st August from 2-5pm.  There will be the vegetable show, various sales of stuff, BBQ, tea and cakes but unfortunately no beer tent due to the council being a bit precious about licensing.  You could always bring your own!

I know a few of you have made it before - it'd be lovely to see any of you who are in the area.  What do you mean the Isle of Wight's too far away?

Ali x

jazzidoodle

• Quarter Acre
Re: Open day - Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 21:41:46 »
so sorry i cant support your open day i am away for the weekend. Would have loved to see your set up as in comparison to some you are quite close. .Good luck and hope  weather is good for you.

greenstar

• Half Acre
  • Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 21:04:38 »
Don't know if anyone on here made it, but I think you may have been trampled by the 450+ people who attended.  The day was a brilliant success - made loads of money, I kept up my tradition of winning first prize for me tomatoes, and my youngest (who's 7) won first prize for the children's section - beating a fair few 12 year olds with 5 firsts, three seconds and a third.  He did a lap of honour with the cup round the communal green.  About 5 times  ::)

One of our plot holders works in PR and managed to get us a write up in the Scotsman which I'll post a link to when I can find it online.

Ali x

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 08:06:28 »
Excellent, glad it went so well...  :)

greenstar

• Half Acre
  • Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 22:11:46 »
And here's the link to the article about us, shame they haven't put the pictures on the website:

http://living.scotsman.com/homesgardens/Gardens-Pollokshiels-allotments-full-of.6487943.jp

Doesn't it all sound idyllic and gorgeous.  Good job they didn't interview me!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal