Author Topic: Celebrity Masterchef  (Read 2253 times)

valmarg

• Hectare
Celebrity Masterchef
« on: August 20, 2010, 22:36:14 »
Did you think the one that won was the 'best cook' of the three?

valmarg

springbok

• Hectare
Re: Celebrity Masterchef
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 22:40:46 »
Do not say who has won lol.  I want to catch up on BBCi on the net!!!.
 :)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 22:44:46 »
Ooops Bokkie, mum's the word ;), but should be interested in your opinion.

valmarg

poohs tao

• Not So New ...
  • bristol
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 22:49:41 »
snookes shld never have been evicted!!! the last 3 were not deserving!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 09:37:50 »
Let us know when you've watched, Bokkie so we can discuss! I didn't think the winner was best last night but I guess it was also based on the Thurs night prog, which i didn't see.

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 10:29:23 »
With all of Dicks new found experience I wonder if he will open a "green" Tea shop.

MP

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 21:23:51 »
Ok you can discuss away now.

I have watched and caught up.  I actually do think she deserved to win after watching the series. 
Dick i loved his home grown concept and his love of food.

I think all 3 did really well
 ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 23:09:54 »
Well, OH and I thought that the worst cook won.  Lisa had so many 'attacks of the vapours' it was embarassing, and she was just inadequate.

We thought first should have gone to walrus tash, second should have gone to Christine, and about tenth should have gone to Lisa.  She was not very good,

The programme that Caroline missed was the one in which the finalists had to cook in the kitchen of a Michelin starred resturant for five Michelin starred chefs.

Christine had the starter, which was basically brawn made from a pig's head, which should have been caramelised, which at the last minute Christine managed to successfully pull off.  Apart from leaving a small amount of bone on one plate (Michel Roux jnr) the chefs cleared their plates.

Tash had the main course, which was extremely complicated, but he made a very good job of, and the chefs cleared their plates.

Lisa had the job of making a tiramisu.  She had to make a light sponge base, and  various other elements.  She made a complete mess of it and the chefs said her sponge was stodgy and inedible.

Throughout the series Lisa has been totally inadequate, and has relied on help from others.

At one point she really deserved to have been voted off, but wasn't.  From that point on OH and I said she's going to win.  With the wonderful benefit of hindsight we are only sorry we hadn't had the foresight to put a bet on the outcome.

valmarg

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 23:15:03 »
Well, OH and I thought that the worst cook won.  Lisa had so many 'attacks of the vapours' it was embarassing, and she was just inadequate.

We thought first should have gone to walrus tash, second should have gone to Christine, and about tenth should have gone to Lisa.  She was not very good,

The programme that Caroline missed was the one in which the finalists had to cook in the kitchen of a Michelin starred resturant for five Michelin starred chefs.

Christine had the starter, which was basically brawn made from a pig's head, which should have been caramelised, which at the last minute Christine managed to successfully pull off.  Apart from leaving a small amount of bone on one plate (Michel Roux jnr) the chefs cleared their plates.

Tash had the main course, which was extremely complicated, but he made a very good job of, and the chefs cleared their plates.

Lisa had the job of making a tiramisu.  She had to make a light sponge base, and  various other elements.  She made a complete mess of it and the chefs said her sponge was stodgy and inedible.

Throughout the series Lisa has been totally inadequate, and has relied on help from others.

At one point she really deserved to have been voted off, but wasn't.  From that point on OH and I said she's going to win.  With the wonderful benefit of hindsight we are only sorry we hadn't had the foresight to put a bet on the outcome.

valmarg

I did not see that episode...oops!!
Does not sound too good......Sounds like you could be right!!

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 23:25:27 »
I wanted Christine to win she's had so much bad press and yet clearly was a real team player ,Dick was splendid but I worked it out from an early stage that Lisa would win.
Let's face it these folk did a wonderful job it was so entertaining and I'll be watching again next year  :)
sanity is overated

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 23:38:00 »
You know I can't watch these series anymore, the  mode of the criticism would have put me off cooking for life, my domestic science teacher started it by belittling me as all my attempts at cooking were a disaster. I feel so bad for all the contestants, plus the odd one I have watched here and there always strikes me as rigged.

The cookery shows are even worse, swearing, tantrums, throwing things, who could work in that for long. They have sent that really foul mouthed chef over here now.Glad to say I have forgotten his name Ramsbottom or something equally appropriate I think

I can't help thinking that a great many really good potential chefs are put off by this  modern take on what cooking is all about.

Just me..

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 00:03:30 »
I wanted Christine to win she's had so much bad press and yet clearly was a real team player ,Dick was splendid but I worked it out from an early stage that Lisa would win.
Let's face it these folk did a wonderful job it was so entertaining and I'll be watching again next year  :)
Know what you mean macmac, but I should have to say that when it becomes so predictable, what's the point of watching.  Personally, I really wouldn't bother if the BBC didn't bother commissioning another series.  It has become so predictable, it's not worth watching.

valmarg

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 00:06:47 »
Predictable but very entertaining ! :)
sanity is overated

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 13:12:04 »
Tony and I watched it for the first time and we really did enjoy the programme. We think that the right person won. I get all hot and bothered when I cook just for Tone and me so how I would be cooking for 400 I don't know.
Will watch it again cos it has helped me with a few cooking probs.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 22:23:51 »
Predictable but very entertaining ! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean macmac, so I suppose we will be watching. ;D

I'm just annoyed with myself that, once it was obvious who was going to win, I hadn't had the foresight to go to the bookies and put a few quid on.  Could have made a few bob. ;D ;D

Like you we would have liked Christine to win, but hey ho.

valmarg

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal