Author Topic: Flower and produce Show  (Read 2131 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Flower and produce Show
« on: August 05, 2010, 19:04:45 »
Our allotment association is about to run a show in September, this is our first attempt and we haven't got any 'proper' judges. We have been trying to track down judging rules/criteria including asking NSALG which we are members of but except for an email asking us what we are looking for they haven't responded. Anyone know where to find this Info?

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: Flower and produce Show
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 19:12:45 »
If you look on the NVS site there is a list of judges but if you want one of them to judge you will have to pay for their time and expenses, you would be better off trying to find some one who knows his stuff from a near bye allotment site
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 20:53:15 »
You're probably too late for this year, but people involved in showing veg locally are likely to know.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 22:20:32 »
If you go into 's' on my website and you will find a typical show schedule which you can adapt to your own situation.

Regarding judges I agree with Robert I think you will be very lucky if you can find a judge now,particularly if your show is on a Saturday or Sunday.

Quite often the judge is rebooked immediately after the show for the following year.

Each year there is less of them about because no one is taking up from where older judges have left of thus creating a shortage of judges.

In our group five of our national judges have died in the last two years and I only know of one who has qualified to judge since,hence the shortage.

This is not just happening in our area it is happening nationally!

As someone else has said try and find a good grower in your area to judge for you. As Laurie said,they don,t all charge.

Quite often they will settle for the price of a couple of gallons of petrol.

Best of luck with your venture!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 10:35:10 »
Actually we have some one from ADAS but they are not 'professional' judges but they do know about vege so would be able to follow a judging criteria.

This is our first attempt and we're clear on the fact that it will be a little informal.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 10:41:23 »
TeeGee i haven't looked at your website for a little while and it has moved on and looks great.

Anyone know  what a "stand of Fuchsia's"...the guy preparing the show schedule has copied it into our one without knowing what it means ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal