Author Topic: scotch bonnets  (Read 2430 times)

natedoggridyard

• Not So New ...
scotch bonnets
« on: July 29, 2010, 22:06:35 »
Hey,

i have a scotch bonnect plant that i have grown from seed. Plant it in march and it is now about1.5ft tall. How long from panting does it take to bare any fruit.

At the minute it just appears to have loads of leaves.

HELP

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: scotch bonnets
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 23:26:51 »
A friend gave us a plant and it's in a pot in the greenhouse bearing 4 fruit with  the shh promise of a few more .we'll see ?
sanity is overated

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:05:03 »
Hi natedoggridyard, I grew a scotch bonnet last year and it grew like yours. I only got 1 fruit  :( . I'm oop North and I grew it outside, so you may have better luck.

good news is I overwintered it and it's now got quite a few flowers and fruit on it

it might be that you've got it in too big a pot - and it's just happily producing greenery.

natedoggridyard

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:35 »
its pot is about 1.5ft sq and about 1ft deep, is that too big?

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:50:09 »
if you mean 1.5 x 1.5 square x 1 ft deep - that's a big pot.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:59:38 »
I am growing a scotch bonnet chilli in a 1ft square x 1ft deep pot and it has quite a few chillies on it. However I always find that my scotch bonnet are the last out of all my chillies to flower and fruit.
If you use a big pot the chilli will grow into it and produce a larger plant which given the right conditions will eventually produce chillies. Unfortunately we have a short growing season in this country so its worth bearing in mind that a smaller pot will give you chillies sooner rather than later.

You haven't mentioned where you are growing your chilli ~in a greenhouse or garden? Are there any flowers on it?

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

natedoggridyard

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 11:32:25 »
sorry, its in a greenhouse and there are 0 flowers

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal