Author Topic: Wild Raspberry Cane  (Read 871 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Wild Raspberry Cane
« on: July 28, 2010, 12:48:33 »
I took my sons on a little walk the other day to gather some blackberries and take them to the nearby park.
On the way back I noticed a Raspberry plant growing from the top of a high wall, I couldn't reach the raspberries (for seed) but decided to cut off one of the runners, it is now in a vase of water any advice on the best way to propergate this would be appreciated.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Wild Raspberry Cane
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 17:38:54 »
Take care with wild raspberry canes, they make Japanaese knotweed look innocuous!. We have some in our front garden and despite 14 years of pulling out and weedkiller they still come up every year. They are far more thuggy than the cultivated ones and they do not taste as good either.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 18:28:44 »
Ah, well in my defence I was tempted by the fruit that I couldn't reach, they were a nice size and at least 4cm long.  :P
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 18:46:52 »
Put it in a pot?

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 19:12:03 »
Well its quite long (2ft), would it be possible to cut it into sections and hopefully get them to root?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal