Author Topic: aminopyralid  (Read 20389 times)

glallotments

• Not So New ...
Re: aminopyralid
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2010, 20:17:38 »
I've seen the evidence and the petitions, the petition I was talking about was different, see earlier post XX Jeannine

I realise that Jeannine but wanted you to be aware that we hadn't all been sitting on our hands for two years - lots of people have been making a lot of noise about the problem.

I think one issue is that until you are directly affected, or know people who are little notice is taken of any publicity.

I asked the CRD if they could send posters out to garden centres and they did create some information postcards see http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/garden.asp?id=2541&link=%2Fuploadedfiles%2FWeb%5FAssets%2FPSD%2FManure%5FPostcard%2Epdf but said they couldn't insist garden centres displayed anything.

The e-petition service has  in fact been suspended by the new government so it isn't possible to use this facility.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2010, 07:49:07 »
Yes I know, it was a couple of years ago when ot first hit lottie friends  on here, I have pretty kept up with all that has been done bit there issomething else new all the time. I was abgry because the lottie gardeners were not being recognised as true growers and not part of the food chain XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

glallotments

• Not So New ...
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2010, 10:28:13 »
Yes I know, it was a couple of years ago when ot first hit lottie friends  on here, I have pretty kept up with all that has been done bit there issomething else new all the time. I was abgry because the lottie gardeners were not being recognised as true growers and not part of the food chain XX Jeannine

You are right that allotment holders are not protected. This was one of the problems with trying to get trading standards involved - the guy that I spoke to tried his best but in the end said it just didn't come under his wing.

Maybe one way forward is to try and get the NSALG to mount some sort of a campaign or the soil association or an organisation similar.

The problem with ap is that it does the job farmers buy it for very well - that is what causes problems down the line. Even if it had stayed off the market we would have been left with an ongoing problem. Research that I did put me off manure altogether as even without the ap it can be a cocktail of chemicals - each is tested separately but ther seems to be no testing that proves when a is mixed with b it is still safe. Sorry rant over!

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2010, 11:01:54 »
Hi all!

Been away for a week so have just picked up this thread.

My friend planted all her tomato pepper and the rest plants in bought in seed compost (or multi purpose)  and they plants all suddenly went weird, but she complained to the place where she bought it and she was swiftly given 2 x £25 vouchers from the compost maker!  She still has a few of the plants that she has nursed all the year so far and they are - to be blunt - pretty weedy and a waste of time! But at least she has some recompense - possibly worth a try TeeGee?

Luckily I havent got any manure in for the last 3 years and am relying solely on my 4 large compost heaps and seaweed and - touch wood - seem to be doing OK

Ann

realfood

• Hectare
    • Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2010, 19:45:15 »
Old Bird, it would be interesting to know which make of compost and type that your friend used.
I have seen several reports of problems with Homebase peat free.
For a quick guide for the Growing, Storing and Cooking of your own Fruit and Vegetables, go to www.growyourown.info

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2010, 20:19:21 »
Some of my cabbages are looking pretty sick as well.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal