Author Topic: Introducing my two girls  (Read 1874 times)

belairebel

• Not So New ...
  • I am a Dog Lover and proud of it! Pic of my curren
Introducing my two girls
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:37 »
Hello everybody. I'm new to the website and when I saw the pet section, thought I'd take the opportunity to show off my two girls. They are both rescues and in case you are wondering - the little one is the boss!

Donkey dog is called Polly. She is a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) and was rejected by a puppy farm because at 10 months old, they couldn't get her pregnant. When we got her, she had never been out of a cage and was horribly thin. As you can see, she has come around beautifully and is an absolute joy - although she can still have her "bad days", when she gets very insecure and clings like mad.

The little'un is Rosie and I got her from Pug Welfare. She was horribly obese but that was easy to deal with.  She is an extraordinary little girl and so bright that she can be a handful to deal with - she gets bored easily and when she does - watch out!  Polly was about a year old when we got her and Rosie the same, although we got her 3 months later, so she is slightly younger.

Poll depends heavily on Rosie - yes, I promise it's true!  In any new situation, she will hang back until Rosie has checked it out and only then will she go forward. If, and it does happen occasionally, we meet a dog who is aggressive, it is always Rosie that gets in front of Polly and there has been a time or two when I really thought I was going to have trouble getting her away, but I've managed up to now.

In fact, the biggest drawback to having my allotment is that I can't take the dogs with me - they are banned on site - so I have to limit my time at the 'lottie, unless my son is at home to keep them company. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

I'm sorry - I can't work out how to add pictures! Can anybody tell me?

betula

• Hectare
Re: Introducing my two girls
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 15:38:10 »
Was looking forward to seeing your pic ;D

There are various ways but I find it easier to go to a picture host like tiny pics.......upload your picture.........click on the forum message board code.........copy it and them paste your code into your message on here.

Good luck.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Introducing my two girls
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 15:51:18 »
I was looking forward to the pictures too!

I saw a man walking a Cane Corso in Sicily, he was shocked that I knew the breed.  I took a photo, I'll post it when I find it.

We are allowed to bring dogs to our allotments but they must be on a lead.  We made an enclosure on our plot so we could bring our two Border Terriers and let them loose in it.  The only problem is that Graham is such a wimp that as soon as I walk away from him he barks, so I stopped taking them.  One plotholder brings 3 dogs with her and they are very well-behaved.  Actually, I think it is a good idea when she is there on her own because they give warning when someone approaches the plot.

I hope you manage to work out how to attach photos, I would love to see them.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal