Author Topic: Cutting down on winter squash seeds.  (Read 12776 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Cutting down on winter squash seeds.
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:52:04 »
Bump..I am starting to bag seeds.I have not been able to reply to all the e mails I have got..sorry.

I know many of you have sent messages that you are still looking varieties up.

I have requests WITH addresses from the following people.

JayB
Galina
Tricia
Tatty
TinShed
vjm 63
manicscowsers
Twoflowers
Stevens706
Spudbash
Lottiedolly

If your name is not on the list, it could  because you probably didn't send an address WITH the list on the same PM.I keep the copies that A4A direct  to  my home e mail address in a folder to use and don't keep incomplete ones in there as it gets too unmanageable.Please assume I don't have your requests if not on this list.

I will be sending this parcel out by the end of June so if your are still looking, this is a last chance hint ;D

I will do my best to give everything they wanted, the list above is not in any order by the way.

I will confirm there are seeds for you of course when the packing is complete, there are a heck of a lot of seeds to pack so bear with me.

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:54:43 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 08:02:14 »
Morning Jeannine 2 things,

Firstly, a big THANK YOU  :-*

secondly, what type of squash is that in your picture, is that crook neck squash, i am only asking as i am growing it for the first time this year and my babies look similar to your mature ones in the picture, if not what type of squash is it as it looks interesting.

big hugs

Kimxx
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:04:00 by lottiedolly »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:53 »
It is Pennsylvania Crook Neck,  it is a winter squash, tan , butternut family, not a Crooked Neck summer one which is kindof bottle shaped with the narrow part bent over with a warty yellow skin. They are two distinct types.

XX Jeannine

I now have choices and addies from

Grannyjanny and 1066.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 08:16:53 »
It is Pennsylvania Crook Neck,  it is a winter squash, tan , butternut family, not a Crooked Neck summer one which is kindof bottle shaped with the narrow part bent over with a warty yellow skin. They are two distinct types.

XX Jeannine

Grannyjanny and 1066.

Dear Jeannine

I have sent you a pm with regards to the squash on your avatar. Could you please do us all a favour and stop putting up pics of fantastic looking squash as it makes us want to grow it  ;) and i am already planning my next years lottie veg to fit around my squashes instead of the other way  :-[

Kimxx

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:56 »
OK, how about a basketful of Baby Boo minature pumpins[attachment=1]

or mybe their little brothers Jack be Litt[attachment=2]le

or maybe Batwings[attachment=3]

XX Jeannine

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 09:05:49 »
OK, how about a basketful of Baby Boo minature pumpins[attachment=1]

or mybe their little brothers Jack be Litt[attachment=2]le

or maybe Batwings[attachment=3]

XX Jeannine

You are a naughty lady  :P

Must.....resist.....temptation....of .... the squash...... ;)

Biggest hugs

Kxx

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 09:07:13 »
In all seriousness, the baby boos look terribly sweet

must .....resist.....must....resist  :o

;D  ;D  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 09:07:27 »
Miind you I like  Fairytales too,, Butternut rugosa Viola are no bad either, or we could just paly lets guess the squash ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:09:26 by Jeannine »

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 09:10:56 »
in all seriousness, some of the ones shown, must be hard to grow in the uk climate??

Kxx

Miind you I like  Fairytales too,, Butternut rugosa Viola are no bad either, or we could just paly lets guess the squash ;D ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 09:32:02 »
in all seriousness, some of the ones shown, must be hard to grow in the uk climate??
Kxx

I grow pumpkins successfully here in Nantes where we have a climate not that different to the UK. It rains a lot and summer is not THAT hot. For Northern UK I don't know, but squash doesn't always need that much heat to grow I find, much less than say melons... DOes Jeannine agree with me on that?

I feel as if I cannot ask people for seeds as I have none to give back to them, or only very banal shop bought seeds.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 09:59:17 »

XX Jeannine

Grannyjanny and 1066.

Dear Jeannine

I have sent you a pm with regards to the squash on your avatar. Could you please do us all a favour and stop putting up pics of fantastic looking squash as it makes us want to grow it  ;) and i am already planning my next years lottie veg to fit around my squashes instead of the other way  :-[

Kimxx

I know what you mean, i have been really good this year i order some from the allotment, a few  from real seeds and was doing so well on my addiction until this post. I had got to the stage that i could walk past the seeds in wilkos.......... ;)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 09:59:49 »
You are a little temptress ;D ;D ;D. They do look delicious.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 10:08:45 »

XX Jeannine

Grannyjanny and 1066.

Dear Jeannine

Kimxx

I know what you mean, i have been really good this year i order some from the allotment, a few  from real seeds and was doing so well on my addiction until this post. I had got to the stage that i could walk past the seeds in wilkos.......... ;)

Wilkos is but a fond memory as hubbie has banned me from there until further notice  :'(

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 22:30:13 »
Wonderful, thank you Jeannine - I've warned my sister to expect them!

Tricia

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 22:31:21 »
They all look so gorgeous except maybe that last photo, can't even attempt a guess-what is it?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 22:39:51 »
It looks like a duck.. ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 07:44:15 »

Grannyjanny and 1066.

Thank you Jeannine, looking forward to next year already!

1066  :)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 13:36:10 »
I feel as if I cannot ask people for seeds as I have none to give back to them, or only very banal shop bought seeds.

Antipodes - Jeannine doesn't want anything in return (just to put her seeds to good use) so if you fancy some, pm her, and I'd be happy to forward your choices onto you in France

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 15:39:43 »

Antipodes - Jeannine doesn't want anything in return (just to put her seeds to good use) so if you fancy some, pm her, and I'd be happy to forward your choices onto you in France

You guys are just too kind. I have started saving some of my own seed, but as I am still quite a newbie, I am unsure as to whether they work properly yet or not!! :)  But maybe soon I will have more seeds to be able to swap. I will PM both of you...
I will try and work out something to send in return (Can you post French cheese???  ;D ;D
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 18:51:40 »
Antipodes, I can post to you direct, I am posting to several countries anyway.

The question about heat,  winter squash  will do quite well in a regular UK summer as long as it is warm, long, not too wet, and are started in good time,they will grow faster in hotter weather though, whereas melons must have it  which is why most of them are better under glass.

Jayb the squash that looks like a penguin is a Chicago Warted.

XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal