Author Topic: PROGRESS REPORT for Jeannine and Jayb's Canadian/UK swap parcel.  (Read 49592 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Well after much ado,ash cloud, missing stuff, holidays  etc the parcel is finally moving around.

Thanks to JayB who baled me out just as I sent a second parcel, it is much more exciting now as I don't knowexactly  what is in it,thanks to Star who sent it back to JayB to pick up the second part.

The original list has changed a little due to a couple of drop outs and the order is changing due to holidays, so I am publishing a new list of players but not in the right order, I will hold back the addresses due to holiday arrangements and send them to the last person who receives when they are ready to post on.

Please, please send it recorded, it is only a few pennies more and we do not want this one to get lost.

There is a bag  inside if you want to send something specific to someone on the list. PLEASE do not take from that bag unless  one of the packets inside have your name on it, but please check.

E mail me if you want to know more specifics of any type.

Good Luck have fun.

Parcel has so far been to JayB, posted on and....

Currently with Star.

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU RECEIVE AND AGAIN WHEN YOU SEND ON.

Other punters in no particular order are

Markfield Rover
DebP
Squash 64
Nilly71
Tinshed
Mushy Pea
mpdjulie
Goodlife
Ninnyscrops
Flowersofshona
Suzanne
Robert Benchley
Granny Janny
Cambourne7
Ruud.

Please let me know about any holiday plans so I can keep it moving.I will not send the parcel on to folks who are not posting  regularly at the time, although I am not anticipating this with the list I have.

So go for it folks.. all jokes etc welcomed, after all the fuss and to do, lets make it a fun one.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Hugs and Kisses Jeannine for sorting this out :

Is there anything specifically your looking for?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
No Cam I don't think so, not right now but thank you.

OK and the parcel is going to...

well lots of info buzzing around the site about this member but judging by the amount of legumes planted this year..I might be safer across the pond at dinnertimes!!

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

XX Jeannin e
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:36:40 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
The parcel is on it's way again.........could it be for a Ladeee?

Tracker number BR051542836GB.

To the next on the list.........ENJOY ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Thank you Star, I hope you found something good XX Jeannine

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Great news, thank you :)

I have no idea who the clue is ??? but know it's not me :-[

Neil

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
No not you yet.. come on folks where are you all !!

Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Just thought, dont publish the tracking numbers , but send them to me.

XX Jeannine

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
It's just arrived; there's a mass of seeds there, but I haven't had a chance to look through it properly. Just a very quick flip through, but there are a couple of peas that look interesting, loads of beans, squashes and toms, hot peppers, and miscellaneous stuff. Effectively it's two parcels in one. Thanks to everyone for getting it here!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 13:11:19 by Robert_Brenchley »

goodlife

• Hectare
Oh Robert... >:(...I'm dying for waiting..and you just sent a right teaser to add to my pain.. ;)...will there be any left after you.. :o ;D ;)

hmmm...I'll just have to belive the words that I keep repeating time to time.."all good things come to those who wait..all good....things... ::)

;D ;D ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: PROGRESS REPORT for Jeannine and Jayb's Canadian/UK swap parcel.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 22:15:05 »
Jeannine’s parcel is stunning and as such I thought it deserved to be defined, so I wrapped it separately in a bag.  I’m so glad the parcel on the move, I know I had a lovely time looking through. 

Not sure if anyone is interested and I don’t think it gives away too many surprises but;

I succumbed first to some cucumbers, Red Hmong and Poona Keera, which have in this short space of time germinated. I’m going to keep my fingers firmly crossed I don’t mess them up. Germination is great at 100%.

A lovely selection of squash/ pumpkins.  With a name like Baby Boo who could resist, I also had a couple of Guatemalan Blue, Table Queen,  Magda F1, Butter Bush and Batman!

Super beans too and I took a few each of Golden Buddha,  which look lovely as do Snow Cap. Also as recommended by Jeannine, Fortex.  What else? A small portion of Dwarf Grey Sugar peas, red fleshed Chinese radish, a few musk melon to try and Colorado Blue spruce tree.

Probably a few other things that don’t spring to mind at the moment, which all sounds a lot but only a couple or few seeds of each and plenty to go around. Plus lots of replacements in exchange.

Super   :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 22:30:11 »
..bloody h...l...that really sounds great... ;D Now I'm getting these awful tummy twinches...I never suffer with anything nice,,like feeling butterflies... ::)..pain...torture... ::)
Just like before Christmas when I was kid...I had to have good old feel of the packets to quess what was in them...and there wasn't no hiding from me.. ;D In the end mum had to start to take them all to neighbour for storage ::)
So now we don't do presies in our house...if I know there is one somewhere... can't cope with it..even if it's not for me.. ::)
But I do try....like now...I have taken interest to football to take my mind off from this... ::) ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 22:40:25 »
Gosh, if some one gives me a Christmas or birthday present early I still always keep it for the day, I love suprises  ;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 22:45:18 »
Oh good Robert, have fun. I had a laugh putting in the tree seeds, I fancied you could all grow your own Christmas tree from Canada, I have another packet if you run short.

Thank you Star for being so prompt.

I will send the next nameand addy  to Robert.

I think it is interesting to see what folks choose, especially when they have already germinated.

There is some Stevia in here, the sugar plant, the seeds are almost invisible but there are quite a lot in there.

Have fun...Goodlife you should have a lay down!! Would you like me to be sure you are last to keep the excitement going for longer ::)

XX Jeannine

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 09:04:16 »
Code: [Select]
I think it is interesting to see what folks choose, especially when they have already germinated....have you intentionally mislabelled the seeds.. ::) ;D..yeah..it will be interesting.. ;D
Would you like me to be sure you are last to keep the excitement going for longer
... ??? oh dear...well..what ever you think is best..I'm in you hands ;D..
if some one gives me a Christmas or birthday present early I still always keep it for the day, I love suprises 
..oh I do love them too.. ;D..and I never open them early..I just give them jolly good feel over.. ::)..it is the excitement and suspense that I have difficulty with.. ::) I can handle diffcult situations and be Mrs cool with most of things that I come across but happy waiting suprises....bad coctail for me..

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 09:40:09 »
Oh Robert... >:(...I'm dying for waiting..and you just sent a right teaser to add to my pain.. ;)...will there be any left after you.. :o ;D ;)

hmmm...I'll just have to belive the words that I keep repeating time to time.."all good things come to those who wait..all good....things... ::)

;D ;D ;D

Don't worry, I'm not the phantom parcel robber. There's masses of most things so I'm taking a few and leaving the rest. My only worry is how long it's going to take to sort through them all!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:51:56 »
Robert take your time, this is a no rush parcel now XX Jeannine

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 17:59:47 »
OK, it'll be in the post at the beginning of the week. No point taking it to Oxford tomorrow (I'm meeting up with some of the guys I was at school with) and posting it there. Most of the contents will have to wait till next year to be planted anyway.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 00:54:05 »
Bump... how are you doing Robert XX Jeannine

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:24 »
OK. I've got a bug but I'll try to get it in the post today.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal