Author Topic: PROGRESS REPORT for Jeannine and Jayb's Canadian/UK swap parcel.  (Read 49589 times)

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: PROGRESS REPORT for Jeannine and Jayb's Canadian/UK swap parcel.
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2010, 19:10:45 »
Not yet but it is behind the borders.I am expecting a big parcel tomorrow,wenn it has landed i will tell it straight away.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2010, 19:40:48 »
You are in for a treat,enjoy.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:20 »
Not yet but it is behind the borders.I am expecting a big parcel tomorrow,wenn it has landed i will tell it straight away.

Ruud, do we have a problem?  The tracker information says that the parcel was delivered on 2 September and signed for by L Bruijn.  Let me know please and I will follow up my end.

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2010, 11:02:11 »
No problem at all it arrived as you said 2 september and l. bruijn is my teenage daughter who was away some days visiting her boyfriend and guess what she has put the package all those days in the back of her car,but now i have finally opened the huge package,just at this moment and it is like a child in a candy store were do i have to begin,WERE do i have to start.This will take some times maybe some days to sort everything out.A lot of googling and i have some things from my garden i have to pick up and put in.Cant wait anymore see you.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2010, 11:37:38 »
Oh, big relief!  I am so glad you got it safe and well.

Have fun  - yes it will take time - and I hope you will also find something new you'll treasure to grow.  The choice of tomato varieties alone are truly amazing and the rest of the parcel is a treasure trove too.

Enjoy!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2010, 21:00:48 »
Well done Galina, and happy hunting Ruud. Goes back to JayB , I think you already have the address, please post when you have mailed it, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2010, 17:30:36 »
  PACKAGE IS ON HIS WAY BACK HOME !!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #367 on: September 19, 2010, 15:12:30 »

Sooooooo excited  ;D ;D ;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2010, 18:47:46 »
Yayyyyyyyyy, Parcel safely received this afternoon thank you. HM Revenue and Customs tape kind of indicates they enjoyed having a rumage too  :P

Last stage, before setting off once more. I'd like to say a huge thank you to Jeannine for arranging this and also to each and everyone who has taken part. It has been super, cheers all  x ;D

Jeannine its almost sad to see your parcel come to the end of its UK journey, I've really enjoyed watching this thread as its made its way around :'( But I'm sure you are going to love having a look see  ;D

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2010, 19:23:29 »
I wonder what HMRC decided on - were there any Moneymaker seeds? ;D

A wonderful seed swap Jeannine and Jayb, thank you, and to all that contributed. Reading the thread did raise a few giggles.

Here's looking forward to next season and sharing some piccies.

Ninny

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2010, 17:57:09 »
I have visions of Eric and Ernie singing' Bring me sunshine' as this swap really has done so.
Cheers all.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2010, 15:43:38 »
Jayb, you finally got to choose for yourself, after doing so much to get this swap off the ground when Jeannine's big packet was lost in the ash cloud. 

I hope you found something good for yourself.  Something you will enjoy to grow.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2010, 16:33:26 »
Sorry everyone, Jeannine's parcel was with me a little longer than anticipated, but it is now well on its way home. Enormous finger crossing going on my end  ;D

Yes I had a super time looking through, amazing to see how the content has changed. Some things remained of the original seeds though reduced in number, soooo many delicious and exciting things added. I won't say too much at the moment as I wouldn't want to spoil the suprise for Jeannine.

I've found peoples generosity and thoughtfulness in sharing uplifting, it has been a pleasure to be part of  :)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2010, 23:20:52 »
Fingers crossed for a safe journey too.

Am I allowed to say all 9 broad bean seed, Aqualduce Claudia,  that had the instructions to plant in early autumn are already up?   ;D  Picture to follow when I'm next up at the plot. Thank you to.....?  ???

Ninny

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #374 on: November 02, 2010, 21:25:55 »
Yahoooooooooooooo I'm so very glad to say parcel, which I sent in two lots, has landed safe and sound, though days apart.  I'm so relieved  ;D
I'm sure Jeannine will be along when able, just wanted to say it is there, as so many have made this parcel such a wonderful experience and now its finally arrived home  ;D

Thank you one and all x

ps good luck for your overwintering Bbeans Ninny, course you are allowed to say and look forward to seeing the piccies

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2010, 23:53:36 »
It's come home - brilliant!  Have fun Jeannine!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #376 on: November 03, 2010, 08:40:01 »
Please take it easy Jeannine. To much excitement is not good for one of a delicate constitution. A little look avery now & again, not all at once ;) ;D :-*.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2010, 20:52:08 »
Oh mygoodness how terrible of me..I never posted about it's arrival home. I am sorry, I did e mail jay B and thought I had posted but obviously I did not.. so here goes.

First I have to say..wow..I did not expect so much stuff to come back. My plan was to donate much of it to folks on our lottie so they get a taste of the Uk and Europe but so many exciting things I feel like hoarding the lot and not sharing.. not.. I will do both.

First off, the peas, man of you were listening when I mentioned I was  getting very interested in types of peas, something I had not done in the past. Now I have such a fab choice it is hard to know where to start, and if I am right I believe there are no real cross pollination probs with them so I am hoping to grow the lot!! My sincere thanks to you all.

Lettuce is another one I have been getting very curious  about and now I have lots of choice..and so many I had no idea.

Beans, one of my great loves..well my collection increased very much.. Oh and talking of beans, I got a super Canadaian catologue just yesterday with a bean section to die for.. Heritage Seed.. a really great choice with lots of history of beans too so I am very tempted with it.Special thanks for my fave Safaris which are not available here.

Squash, well guys you did it, I got several that I didn't have which surprised me very much.

Tomatoes, yep you guessed it, my collection has increased again by quite a number, this is definately one veggie that will be grown to share as transplants with the community..and guess what I was asked specificallyto grow Money Maker, can you believe it.. so well done to the sender of those seeds, I actually did not have any.

Special thanks to the persons who sent parsnips and leeks, very little choice here so I am verygrateful for those.

I have to say I cried when I read the journal that was enclosed, it was very special and will go on show with spare seeds and transplants when I give them out in the Spring at our communty garden meeting..we have several folks who are itching to see what the parcel brought there so I think they will enjoy the journal too.

So my apologies for being so remiss in getting this posted, I really did slip up there and have no excuse.

Thank you so much to all you wonderful foks who took part, I hope it makes a good ending to know that a great many of the seeds that you sent will be shared here in Cnada with other gardeners so many of the seeds, most actually,will be carried on across the pond. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

There will be another parcel coming as I promised  for which I don't need anything back, it will be for the folks who could not take part in this one including the newbies.. I will post when ready to do that.

It is Christmas Eve, so a very fitting time to say thank you and to wish you all a super special growing season  for the new year,,here in Canada there will be a lot of excited growers thaks to you all , and you know..it doesn't get any better than that.

God Bless you all.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal