Author Topic: Bean and pea swap  (Read 29804 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Bean and pea swap
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2010, 13:13:03 »
Galina...there is not hurry..really..I'm just feeling like kid in car..traveling to holiday place...very impatient I am ;D
My post was just a 'feeler' to see how other are doing..it's been quiet for while with this post ;)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2010, 13:34:15 »
Ive got lots of pods that are now dried, including more Giganda's than I expected. Need to find time to shell them out....

I'll probably still put the Giganda's out in fives rather than tens cos the plants are massive.... I got 25 borlottis into the space that 8 gigandas took up...

chrisc

blackcountrysteve

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2010, 15:41:09 »
ive got plenty of the french bean 'cobra' if anyone wants some
just sens us a pm

steve

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2010, 08:44:40 »
Hi there

Is it too late for me to join in on this one?  I'm wondering whether I qualify as I've only got one variety of bean left over after divying up for the other seed circle, but in a sizeable quantity and it is HSL and a nice one in my opinion.

I've got 200 Ice/Crystal Wax dwarf French.  Attractive, delicate foliage, bi-coloured peach and white flowers.  Filet beans which turn almost white, palest green at eating stage, streaked with mauve as they dry out.  A particularly sweet and crisp bean, no strings.

Can I join?  What do I do?  I can't find a page explaining it all.  :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2010, 20:22:36 »
Earlypea...we haven't even started yet ;D And anyway..funny that, I saw thing on one site about that bean you mentioned..and I was going ask later on if anybody has any to swap. ;D ;D ;D Do hang on..I'm sure Digeroo is going to start with this swap soon ;)...I'm definately after your beans now,,, ;) My box of swaps is bagged and ready to go once we get the clearance to start ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2010, 21:41:07 »
I have started a spreadsheet in Google.  Would someone like to send me an email address and I will add so they can share the spreadsheet and perhaps give me some feed back.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2010, 21:45:06 »
I'll do ;D..pm on it's way ;D

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2010, 22:10:21 »
I've not asked to join in as I thought it was too late......

How many people have you got in the circle?

I'm up to about 83 different bean types this year; even though I had a bad year and have a few varieties I can't swap - I do have rather alot that are quite rare that I'd be happy to add into the mix that are ok to share with people.

Once your spreadsheet is up and running; I'll see if there is anything that I've got that I can send into the circle......and I've a few with smaller numbers that I could do a lucky dip with.....if there are any spaces on the circle of course. If not - no worries.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2010, 22:23:04 »
It isn't too late I have only just started the spreadsheet.  I will post when things are up and running.  At the moment I am just trying to collect a few email addresses to add to the sharing part so I get give it a trial run.

I am concerned a just how many packets of beans I am going to have to sort out.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2010, 14:26:49 »
Ok the google doc spreadsheet is now up and running.  So far getting into it has been variable two no problems and one failure.  No idea why there is a difference.  Those who cannot get in I can email you a copy to add to and return and I will add to the list.

If you would like to join in please pm me with your email address.  Please also register that email address with google docs.

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=writely&continue

Packets on offer should have 10 beans or peas.  Each packet should be clearly marked with the name of variety, the ID number and the name of grower and growing season.  Please test grow a few seeds to check viability.

The first two digits of the ID will be also a grower id so all mine for example with start with 10. 

Any comments on the spreadsheet or the swap would be more than welcome.

Once I put you on the spreadsheet it will send you and email.  Click on the email link to get into the spreadsheet for the first time.

Looking forward to swapping with you

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2010, 14:41:46 »
Digeroo, sorry to hijack I've sent you an email re T&M offer.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2010, 18:29:28 »
Oh Joy..I finally got access to the spreadsheet ::) ;D So I've started typing..but more info is still to fill in..I'm not finished yet.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2010, 18:36:19 »
I do not know what the problem was  so if it happens to someone else I suppose the only thing to say is persevere.

If people are putting things in packets please put the information nice and big I hate wearing my reading glasses. :o

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2010, 10:41:49 »
The list is starting to look good folks.  Remember this is not a first come first served swap.  The better your offers the better your choices. 

The spreadsheet is now open please pm me your email addres to be included.

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2010, 10:51:34 »
Remember this is not a first come first served swap.  The better your offers the better your choices. 
OK, I'm in, able to access the spreadsheet - thanks Digeroo  :)

I do have a question though - sorry if it was answered earlier but I cannot find.  What does the above mean?  Is it down to quantity of beans, number of different types or rarity or what?

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:44 »
I am not sure how I am going to do it hopefully a bit of negiotiation will do the job.  Everyone will be able to send a list of their choices.  I am keen to ensure that the system is equitable.   Any suggestions would be welcome.  

The round robin system just did not work.   Some people were lucky and others got a very poor selection.  

I do want people to feel satisfied with the process.  

If anyone feels a bit daunted by the spreadsheet concept please do pm or email me your list for inclusion.  I worked with spreadsheets for years so they are second nature to me.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:15:03 by Digeroo »

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 11:38:52 »
Well, hopefully people will be satisified  :)

I've got about 20 packets of Ice/Crystal Wax to add plus the odd packet of Major Cook's, Gauk, Purple Queen and Kew Blue - but I think it would be sensible to do a germination test first so won't add to the spreadsheet for a few days.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2010, 11:45:10 »
I don't think there is any hurry at the moment.  I am still shelling mine.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2010, 12:18:20 »

I've got about 20 packets of Ice/Crystal Wax

Are there as many as 20 people taking part?

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2010, 13:08:20 »

I've got about 20 packets of Ice/Crystal Wax

Are there as many as 20 people taking part?
Good question  ???  what would happen to leftovers?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal