Author Topic: POWER DEVIL  (Read 862 times)

ACE

• Hectare
POWER DEVIL
« on: May 21, 2010, 22:13:44 »
What a load of rubbish! Somebody gave me a power devil hedgecutter to trial.I have never used anything so rubbishy before. It has a 3 lever/button  system safety device for hedgecutter dummies. press a button with your thumb, pull up the trigger, then with the other hand activate the lever in the other grip. Talk about safety overkill, I am suprised they actually put anything in the box to start with, just in case you got hurt using it. Very difficult to use and when you do start cutting it jams up  at anything woody and after 3 minutes it overheats, then it cuts out until it cools down again. A very small double blade that cannot be used as such as the method of gripping it for the safety devices prevents a two way swing.

It was only lonicera  nitida so not the hardest hedge in the world to cut. Stay away from this one if you need an electric  hedge cutter. I have had better results with a B&Q  bargain basement model.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: POWER DEVIL
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 22:31:02 »

'POWER DEVIL'  power tools have always been rubbish just the cheap end of the power tool market, I still have one of their POWER screw drivers in the draw rotting away, :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal