Author Topic: Winner of the April Competition  (Read 2588 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Winner of the April Competition
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:15:31 »
to BarrieDaleNick and to me, lol as we made joint first place!  ;D

Thank you to everybody who submitted a picture and also to those who took the time to vote :)

Pictures are as follows: 1.  BarrieDaleNick  2.  Mat   3.  GwynnethMary   4.  LaurieUK   5.  Manics   6.  Ninnyscrops   7.  Pauline   8.  SamLouise   9.   Shirlton   10.  Toadspawn.

Well done everyone!  :D  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 09:24:09 by SamLouise »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Winner of the April Competition
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 22:31:11 »
 Well done the joint winners.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 23:44:15 »
Yes well done,they were all lovely pics. ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 22:10:19 »
Really well done all and many thanks from me for showing me your pics - it was a hard decision and I'm full of admiration for you all - how many times I've thought "I wish I had my camera"!..............

The pic which made me break out into a broad grin as soon as I saw it, was No.9, which I now know was Shirlton's, and that got my vote. It's SO quintessentially English, innit? ;D

And if that pic was on a kitchen calendar it would always make me smile when I looked at it - (well, for the month, like ::))

Shirlton, bit of info please? Where?

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 23:00:45 »
Sorry everyone, it appears I've made a mistake with the names belonging to the pictures.  Number nine belongs to SHIRLEY not SHIRLTON.

My apologies Shirley!  :-[ :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 23:37:14 »
.........and my Congrats Shirley 8)

actually, I was wondering, cos I know that Shirlton lives near me & I'd not thought that the bricks used, etc.  where the pic was taken, would be our area, where the heck she'd been on hol AND NOT SENT ME A CARD! :D

And you know what Shirley? I still reckon  a card or Calendar with your pic on it would be a winner 8)

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 19:17:55 »
Thanks Lish. me and Shirlton and have been mixed up before.  I bet she's the good looking one ;D

The photo was taken in a little village in Fife, called Kilconquhar (don't ask me how to pronounce it) when myself and some friends were out walking.  I could certainly see the humour in it - pity there wasn't a low bridge near by ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal