Author Topic: Whats happened to my Courgettes?  (Read 1451 times)

Philbasford

• Acre
Whats happened to my Courgettes?
« on: May 05, 2010, 19:47:05 »
Got some courgettes growing under polytunnel cover along with other stuff such as corn, everything going ok until weekend then got this happen .

Am wondering what this could be?, i am thinking it might have got scorced by the sun(or am i am of track completely?), because it was was only a mini polytunnel and close to the plant, its happened to a couple of the plants, other then that they are growing well.i have removed the plastic sheeting just in case

Your thoughts appreciated:)

P.s Will they recover?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 19:49:38 by Philbasford »

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Whats happened to my Courgettes?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 20:18:54 »
Your new leaves look happy...so no worries..it could be scorch by either hot or cold...

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 21:19:26 »
On the soil I can see slug pellets and also some white spots, is that granular fertiliser..if so it could have landed on the leaves and burned them!! XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 21:21:23 »
I had exactly the same on my courgette plants last year.  I posted pics here and got lots of probable causes but in the end they grew very vigorously and fruited abundantly, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Julie   :)

Philbasford

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 22:23:32 »
thanks, yep white stuff is fertislier, am wondering should i put the plastic covers back on, the plants have been in for several weeks now (including the sweet corn, but under the cover), or should i put it back on with it due to turn cold @ the weekend?

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 22:43:29 »
personally...id cover em back over again and save the sleepless nights,but i AM guilty of fussing too much.....
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Philbasford

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 23:07:50 »
yea think i will, think the smaller sweetcorn will be the more vunerable then the other plants

Geoff H

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 00:20:59 »
Looks similar to what happened to some radishes in my polytunnel this week. I should have known cause i had the same effect on some overwintered rocket a while back. I had watered and the leaves were wet - it was sun scorch. Did you let droplets of water get on the leaves? I am installing a leaky hose watering system tomorrow.

Philbasford

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 07:11:32 »
Looks similar to what happened to some radishes in my polytunnel this week. I should have known cause i had the same effect on some overwintered rocket a while back. I had watered and the leaves were wet - it was sun scorch. Did you let droplets of water get on the leaves? I am installing a leaky hose watering system tomorrow.

i think your right, yes i did, was just watering from the hose , dont think will have the sun scorch problem for the next few days!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal