Author Topic: where to get a good polytunnel?  (Read 14670 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: where to get a good polytunnel?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 12:56:04 »
I've got a cheap one from ebay and it's OK for the money as long as you take care in its positioning and realise that you aren't getting a "proper" polytunnel...... When the cover goes (hopefully I'll get another year out of it next year and it won't be outside through the winter) then I'll use the frame covered in netting as a fruit cage (and buy another one), they're OK but get a big one to make the thermal regualtion a bit better and I found pushing the legs into the ground up to the lower frame bar and pegging that down with 18" army marquee pegs has been very stable this summer....

chrisc

ChattyG

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:57 »
Ive ordered a Polytunnel from First Tunnels nearly a year ago. I noticed that First Tunnels and Premier Polytunnels were very close to each other.  I thought they might be the same company, when I rung them both I disocvered that Prmeier Polytunnels were a new compnay and the director once worked at First Tunnels.

I cant praise First Tunnels enough, they have a Facebook profile (very informative) - www.facebook.com/polytunnels and if you scroll through the comments of the fans you'll seee that Im not the only one who thinks so.

Id vote for First Tunnels, but my advice would be to contact them both, decide which compnay you prefer and then drop the competitors name, and you might squeeze a discount of them.

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 16:36:05 »
For my requirements I am finding that I just can't justify spending the money. 
Polytunnels are certainly cheaper than green houses but what I require one for is to house 2011's giant pumpkin effort and then later for traditional eating veg.
My problem is that I have a large plot and have earmarked a section out for say a 16x52 feet polytunnel (2 pumpkins).  Now that I have seen the large tunnels I just cant settle for a smaller one.  Its either all or nothing.  So it will be nothing  :(.

I have some instructions to build the frame myself but alas do not have the £300 required to by the plastic.  Espeically when my wife complains that my wardrobe needs revamping :-\

Maybe when circumstances change I will get my dream tunnel  :)

Sorry for not adding anything usefull to the forum

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 10:24:28 »
May have been linked to before but here are good instructions for building your own

http://www.overthegardengate.net/UserPages/pp_view.asp?FName=polytunnel&Page=1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal