Author Topic: yipppeeeee  (Read 1575 times)

kymrob

• Half Acre
yipppeeeee
« on: April 13, 2010, 19:08:44 »
after just one year and 2 weeks on the waiting list we are going see one tomorrow!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
any questions we need to ask we know its £ 7.25 a year and has water thats it! oh we excited

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
Re: yipppeeeee
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 19:12:15 »
congratulations! Ask where everyone gets their manure from!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 19:23:38 »
 ;D ;D... ask what is expected from you..minimum performance...eg.like we have rules about hedge maintenance, if there is something that you are not allowed to plant/grow, have they got lottie shop..price list..opening times...oh..list is endless..would you like to keep bees/ chickens?..is this allowed?...

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 21:20:42 »
How exciting!

Not a question to ask but check out the access like paths and so on, how far from water source. Look out for Japanese knotweed... If you get to meet other plotholders, ask if they have problem with vandalism/theft.

Mind you, no matter what a plot was like, I'd probably take it anyway!

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:46:49 »
thanks yer will take it! cause the next one might b worse how knows could be a good one! so excited i just hope we can start straight away  ;D ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:38:07 »
 ;D  ;D Exciting
What about sheds and greenhouses on site?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 12:13:01 »
right just been seen it! 20 rod its abit overgrown but not to bad, they have a skip up there and clearing it of all the rubbish at the moment. abit of mix up as there r still waiting to here that someone else dont want it! but think its a case of left hand not tell right one whats going on! but i think it will b ok! it has a shed on few fruit bushes think even apple tree! rhubarb !  20 rod is hugeeeee!
did wanted 10 rod but they said we would regret it if we halfed it! wait and see!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:46:37 by kymrob »

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 13:18:52 »
errr how big is 20 rod?  Mine is 100 sq m which sounds huge but really by the time you have put in spuds and onions it fills up really fast.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 14:16:05 »
20 rods is 605 sq yards! cant wait to get started so much to do! but just gonna have general tidy first see whats there

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 14:28:21 »
Congratulations  ;D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 15:18:30 »
Brilliant kymrob and trust me in a couple of years time you won't regret the extra space.Ours was a mess when we started but given time and effort you get there.To add to all the other advice keep your eyes on what other folk are doing and get chatting to other plot holders I've found most folk love showing you their plot and giving you help with what grows well on site etc. :)
enjoy :)
sanity is overated

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 15:28:29 »
its quite funny most of our neighbours got one so already getting advise some had them 50 years! :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal