Author Topic: Morrisons Flower Buckets  (Read 7033 times)

keepondiggin

• Quarter Acre
Morrisons Flower Buckets
« on: March 31, 2010, 13:50:02 »
After reading some posts on re-using flower buckets decided to ask at our Morrisons- I did notice that their flowers were in square green plastic vase things -

was met with 'ooh no I don't think so' who then turned to another colleague to ask if she had heard if they sell them off ' Ooh I wouldn't have thought so but if you ask ***** she's been here a while and she will know'

So after waiting for some time at the Customer Services desk the original assistant came back after seeking out this long serving colleague shaking her head and saying 'no,sorry'

So do they not sell them off anymore or does any other supermarket still do? Or have they all changed to using square 'green' vases which they now recycle...?? :(

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Re: Morrisons Flower Buckets
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 14:11:14 »
I know that our local Co-op still gives away the black plastic flower buckets, i've had 7 off em so far (I think)
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 14:36:37 »
Oh yes they do !, but not the big green ones, the smaller black round ones.

I bought some only a few days ago. They were stacked and priced underneath the table with flowers/plants on them. 99p for 8 - although they do appear to be much flimsier that in Hyacinths day.

Spudbash

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 16:43:29 »
If it's florists' buckets you're after, try asking at an independent florist's shop. I got loads, at one time, from a local florist who asked for a donation for the local air ambulance.

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 13:33:35 »
The morrisons in plymouth still seem to sell them but they seem to be a bit smaller though.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 13:58:29 »

I'm in Plymouth too, the Co-op I use for the flower buckets is the one near the Cattedown roundabout.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

keepondiggin

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 15:56:37 »
Success!! thanks Spudbash-went to a local florist who quite often supplies allotmenteers and just asks for a donation to a charity box- 22 buckets today -well pleased ( it doesn't take much does it?) ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 16:43:19 »
They are good, but you have to be quick and pick the right day to go shopping.  I have so many buckets/pots I need more compost.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 21:19:51 »
Morrisons at Cambourne sell them in two sizes 99p for 8. I've been using them for some years, just right for tomatoes in the greenhouse.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal