Author Topic: eviction  (Read 13334 times)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: eviction
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 21:09:13 »
great news, simon. well done for not caving in to bullies.
You couldn't make it up!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 21:15:01 »
I've not contributed here, but I've been reading. Ever so pleased at the result, unwashed 8)

All the best,

Lishka

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 22:02:46 »
well done you ;D/ shades x
grow your own way

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 09:48:19 »
Phew!!  And now you can get on with your allotment properly - just in time for the main growing season  ;D

Well done mate!

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2010, 10:07:29 »
That's good news well done, ;D and goodluck with the rest.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

grandad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 10:53:29 »
 :) Hi Simon great to read some good news for once common sense `Prevails` keep flying the flag.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 12:30:56 »
Good to hear, very pleased for you :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 07:39:03 »
Nice result Unwashed, they obviously didn't like what they read on here, or were they bluffing, anyway if they are reading because they obviously haven't got any proper work to be getting on with, and if they are  :P :P :P :P :P :P 
 ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

beanqueen

• Not So New ...
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2010, 20:21:49 »
Only just seen this thread

congrats on standing your ground

honestly...don't some people just make you made though!

what next...possession of a wonky fruit cage

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2010, 21:21:02 »
This is getting a bit tiresome...  it seems now that I might still get evicted in the end, though don't say so because it seems to make the Council rather cross.

March 1 I get a letter telling me there's been a complaint about the chimbly and flag being an eyesore and as both breach the structure height rule I have to take them down within 30 days.

March 3 I tell the Council that they've already given me implicit permission for the chimbly, and that I can't agree the flag is an eyesore and won't be taking it down.

March 11 the Council tell me that they never meant to include the chimbly, but that the flag still has to come down.

March 18 I tell the Council that the flag isn't breaking any rule.

March 25 the Council send me a copy of my steward's note of support, but complain that talk of me being threatened with eviction is unhelpful and frustrating misinformation.

March 25 I ask the council to confirm that they now agree with me that the flag doesn't break any rule.  I ask to see the complaint.

March 26 the Council tell me that the complaint hasn't been withdrawn and so they haven't yet decided whether the flag breaks a rule or not, but will decide at some time.  They complain again talk of me being evicted is untrue misinformation.

So, March 1st the Council are sure the flag breaks a rule and they serve me the S.146 notice telling me to take it down within 30 days.  I tell the council I'm not going to take it down so the Council either a. agree that it's not breaking the rule, or b. they evict me.  Right?

And as it isn't a., it must be b.  So Come April 1st Newbury Town Council are to evict me because I won't furl my Cross of St. George.  Obviously they won't because they can't, but do they really expect me to play along with their silly little game?  I'm getting a bit cross myself now.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 13:24:56 »
I bet the 'daily mail' would love this story?

'Man evicted from allotment for flying the St Georges Cross'  makes a good front-page story, eh? ;)
You couldn't make it up!

sunshinegirl

• My glass is never empty!
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2010, 10:04:52 »
Hi, I've just joined and saw this thread. So, what's the news? I am thinking of flying a peace flag on my greenhouse ... but I don't want to get into trouble with the council. Are they really going to evict you?   

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2010, 10:13:16 »
@sunshinegirl - that's more my kind of flag!

There is an important point here isn't there - at it's heart this is about freedom of expression. I don't really get patriotism & disagree with most of what this flag represents, but I agree entirely with his right to fly it.

I might get a CND one for mine now... Or maybe an A for Atheist week.

Tony's right - get one of the right-wing tabloids onto it, they'd love it!

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2010, 10:13:30 »
Cheers Shades.

Robert, the council haven't told me who complained, only that they think the flag and chimbly are an eyesore.  I really would have been a lot more sympathetic if they'd told me to my face instead of getting the council involved.

Sorry, screwed up the image link.  Here it is again:

In a strange way, it reminds me of the shed on chitty chitty bang bang.

By the way, great shed and what is wrong with flying the flag, political correctness gone wrong again. I am glad you are beating off the buggers, keep going if you can, you are in the right

Kx
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:19:24 by lottiedolly »

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2010, 15:09:26 »
Hi sunshinegirl.  Unless your allotment rules prevent it there's nothing stopping you flying a national flag, but you'd actually need planning permission for a peace flag.

Ollie, you're spot on, freedom of expression is exactly what it's about.  But I think you should fly a St. George flag with pride, because it isn't about aggressive nationalism, it's about liberty.

lottiedolly, it's not the first time I've thought of myself as Caractacus Potts. :)

Tony, I'm thinking seriously about it, but I'd feel so dirty.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 15:36:58 »
Tony, I'm thinking seriously about it, but I'd feel so dirty.

sometimes, you gotta do what ever will work!!  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 15:41:19 »
Flag is OK, but can't you just stick it in the ground, or put it at the front of the shed, think it does spoil the view of the lovely trees.  I am frightened to type this as will probably be shot down in flames, but I didn't complain as I can't see it,  but it doesn't really do a lot for me.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 15:50:46 »
Flag is OK, but can't you just stick it in the ground, or put it at the front of the shed, think it does spoil the view of the lovely trees.  I am frightened to type this as will probably be shot down in flames, but I didn't complain as I can't see it,  but it doesn't really do a lot for me.
Borlotti, I asked for opinions and that's what I got, and I appreciate your comment.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2010, 16:22:55 »

It is rather remarkable that the council have the finance in place to allot some one the totally useless task of persuing this issue.

I must say that I find the shed etc an amusing sight even if it could do with a coat of cuprinol substitute. Far more interesting than some of these  Listed Buildings which are slowly dropping to bits.

In fact, is there any reason why you could not apply to whom so ever one applies to, to have the shed and flag pole.....Listed?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 17:10:41 »
I'm tempted to fly the Red Flag, without planning permisson, just to be awkward!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal