Author Topic: driving theory test  (Read 11489 times)

skintnbitter

• Quarter Acre
Re: driving theory test
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 08:47:50 »
The theory test questions are laughably easy. My favourite one was "You are first at the scene of an accident. Do you: (A) Drive on (B) Try to get everyone out of the car (C) Call 999 (D) Offer the casualty a cigarette"
[/quote]

I agree that some of the questions are laughable easy as I had to do the theory test 2.5 years ago. However you would be surprised that quite a few people would say 'D' Offer the casualty a cigarette' as there are some people out there who are genuinely that stupid.

I think there may be method in their madness that if you cannot pass something as simple as the thoery test, then you are a danger to other road users.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 08:54:16 »
So many variables here....if it was my last cigarette I wouldn't offer it ;D

skintnbitter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 08:58:04 »
Never though about that lol

We could share it!

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 09:03:47 »
What if you haven't got any cigarettes? Should you go and fetch some or will the ambulance pick some up if you ask?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 09:07:09 »
What if you haven't got any cigarettes? Should you go and fetch some or will the ambulance pick some up if you ask?

So that's when you dial 999. That's a police job, silly ::)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13:36 »
surely the first thing you do at the scene of an accident is say -why the **** didn't you ******* look wher you were ******** going, you stupid ********, and no, i'm not giving you a ******** cigarette

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 09:19:07 »
Amazing how this thread has moved from the language the test is taken in, to driving too slowly, to now offering cigarettes!!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 09:20:55 »
reply to Bugloss.....and if the person says they don't smoke and smoking's anti-social etc.etc. cont p95..that's when you drive on. ;D

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 09:26:23 »
sometimes i am totally bemused by these threads and the way they hop from one subject to another.......amusing tho

skintnbitter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 09:28:39 »
If you did not have an cigarettes than you would answer A 'Drive On (To The Nearest Shop and Get some)'

Simple

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 09:35:56 »
reply to Bugloss.....and if the person says they don't smoke and smoking's anti-social etc.etc. cont p95..that's when you drive on. ;D

maybe offering drivers involved in accidents cigarettes is a roundabout way of getting rid of them permanently

returning to the topic, didn't Shropshire Council put up loads of road signs in Polish, and then have to take them down because the Highway Agency said they were illegal?

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 09:38:57 »
I was behind someone down the country lanes the other day barely doing 20 in a 60 limit, with nowhere to safely overtake for about 3 mile.  I'm not the road rage type, but I was steaming after 10 minutes of that.  

Perhaps they had a plasma screen in the back ??? ??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 09:40:17 »
here's a Polish sign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-440226/Signs-warn-Polish-anglers-stop-eating-carp.html

stupid article has a B*****y recipe at the end. and they can't spell recipe

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 09:42:56 »
Perhaps they had a plasma screen in the back ??? ??? ???

if so, then shouldn't it be properly packed so the driver can drive at a more sensible speed?  I am sure the plasma screen wasn't transported from the factory to the shop at 20mph...

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 10:09:13 »
How the hell do you know that you are the first one at the scene?

It could be muggers setting up an incident in a remote place.

Not every one has a mobile phone, even these days. Nor can every one get out of their car easily. And most of us would probably be of little use to the victim.

What a daft question.

I do not drive before you ask.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 10:11:01 »

Not every one has a mobile phone, even these days. Nor can every one get out of their car easily. And most of us would probably be of little use to the victim.

What a daft question.

But do you smoke?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 10:45:15 »
Lets get back to original post. I don't know why Norfolk and good got so uppity. I was trying to say that it seem a bit silly being able to pass an English driving test when you don't know the lingo.

I ride a motorcycle a lot so I should think I am a bit more safety concious than a lot of you cage drivers safely cocooned in your metal boxes. When somebody drives recklessly or unsure of the rules and it affects my riding, it is 9 times out of ten the driver has the look of foreign extraction. It is a peril I am aware of. The same sort of care is used around drivers of Volvos, who because their car is a safety cage think they are indestructable, but are a danger to other road users especially bikers. Now all the english people could be outnumbered 9 to 1 anyway so that could be the answer. But I think not, most do not have the right skills, understanding and training to drive on our roads. I get lots of honking horns when I am abroad because of my hesitation at some junctions.

Now on to slow drivers. I am often held up by slow, inconsiderate, bloody minded, doddery old fools who should never be out walking, let alone driving. If I was to tow my caravan at those speeds I would be slated. But to just keep plodding on down the road without a care and never using mirrors, should be against the law.
I keep a look out if I have to go slow and pull over and let people pass, If I have work to do time is money, I do not want to be sat out on the road, my clients get a bigger bill, I get annoyed, accidents could be caused through impatience. Get the speed limits put up (they are the same as fifty years ago)brakes are better,vehicles are better, but if you don't like it. Get off the road.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:55 »

What a daft question.

when i was in a scruffy bit of London i saw a woman across the way in a terrible state. There were people nearby not doing anything so i went over to help, but when i got closer i realised they were filming a scene for Dr Who  :D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 10:59:27 »

When did you take yours matie?

July, 1975. In Cambridge. (town with more than it's fair share of cyclists). I think it was a tuesday, at about 11 o'clock.  I passed on the first attempt, and have never had a my-fault accident. had 1 (one) speeding ticket in 34 yrs. ;)

I've driven in both (and lived) Edinburgh and Cambridge.....I prefer Edinburgh any day the motorists are more polite though the roads are fairly complicated and multilevel but in Cambridge drivers are more aggressive and the cyclists are stupid and a menace. We nearly took out two Cambridge cyclists yesterday in separate incidents both just suddenly rode across the road in from of traffic without warning!

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:29 »
Get the speed limits put up (they are the same as fifty years ago)brakes are better,vehicles are better, but if you don't like it. Get off the road.

I think the speed limits have stayed the same because..................in an accident, it is the deceleration that causes the most damage, from 70mph down to 0 mph in an inch or less, (that's what happens) there is a good chance that the internal organs can survive, at 80 mph, they can't!!  'simples'

All those who wish to Kill, or be killed, please continue to break the speed limits, I'm all for Darwinian selection. ;)

You couldn't make it up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal