Author Topic: Gardeners World on Today  (Read 5448 times)

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Gardeners World on Today
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 20:21:44 »

I should have to say there aren't a lot of women presenters (maybe it's part of a big BBC plot - no pun intended).

I'm sure there are a lot of candidates out there, but the BBC doesn't seem to be interested in women gardeners. Sad but true.

Is it something to do with hitting what you might call the grass ceiling ?
;D ;D ;D You may well be right. ;D

valmarg

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 20:35:12 »
Well, according to a colour bit of one of today's newspapers come autumn we are going to have 'Alan's Garden Secrets' on BBC2.

I am quite looking forward to it, as I like him, and he is a 'hands-on'  gardener.  Proof of pudding etc. ;D

valmarf

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 10:23:02 »
I wear bright yellow marigolds when I'm at work ( I have a job where hygiene is important ;D)  when on hols at lottie I don't wear gloves but lots of coats of goth style nail polish to hide any stray dirt down the nails :P

Sarah Raven and Bob Flowerdew to front GW for me / shades x
Not Sarah Raven not after the Sissinghurst documentary.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 10:48:33 »
When does Beechgrove (?) House kick off? (On iplayer for us southern softies!). Now that is a garden programme!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 10:55:48 »
I agree much better than GW.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 15:36:20 »
Gardeners World on again today at 11:30 on beeb 2.

I saw the show with simon mayo it was called The Big Dig

http://www.allotment.org.uk/articles/Big_Dig_Allotment_Televison_Programme.php

I too enjoyed it, i used to watch it on UKTV Gardening before UKTV axed the whole channel.

Yes I agree...i think a return visit to the Big Dig to see how they're all doing would be great.

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 17:05:30 »
This may not make me vary popular   but here we go

Toby used to be on an allotment show (fronting it ) with two other old timers  and it was great filmed in Manchester I think       I think he is vary talented    but is he stuck with a format created by somebody who thinks they know what we like or do they have any real input        We used to like a show called the allotment  where you saw real plotties  from inexperienced  to the vary skilled  they had a section  "what's in your shed"   that was an eye opener       Because it doesn't seem to be shown any more  so we bought the show on disc

I closing     hears where i get in trouble   Carol  Klein  really bugs me  She smiles so much  I fear her face may fall apart    and when she grew veg  for the first time in years  she got so excited  I thought she would burst    I thought for a while I grow them but don't have an or**sm  when I pull a cabbage  Now  Bob Flowerdew  is a   different matter  he is as mad as a bucket of frogs   but our hero  we have used his book that much it is now single sheets   

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 19:10:18 »
The big dig ! brilliant, bring it back i say.

It is frustrating that gardening programs arent more practical, i think the carole stuff has been great and in fact so has alice and even toby but i just get so frustrated that they still and especially in the magazine throw money at projects that fill space and joes first allotment cheating episodes

If you need fillers bring on james wong to give us a recipie for remedys wheel out sarah for what shes great at and thats flower arranging or dare i say it Jamie for a supper treat.

Maybe we should make our own you tube series I vote tee gee for getting started, jeannie for our squash episode. Im afriad all i can offer is an episode on egar but haphazzard gardening of mixed results with my dog jakey.
x sunloving

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 19:47:51 »
 joes first allotment cheating episodes

heard a few rumours  about above   only shed on site  ???  there were people on here who are on the same site       rotovating  ( spelling ?  :P ) docks & couch grass  :'( 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal