Author Topic: Coventry Potato Day  (Read 3842 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Coventry Potato Day
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 14:12:10 »
Didn't see you there asbean - but then I wouldn't recognise you if I did!  I showed some restraint - two bags of Kestrel and two bags of Rocket with the usual onions, shallots, peas, and beans.  Tea and cake was disappointingly expensive this year.

This is me and my mates getting our spuds out for the camera.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 14:29:05 »
Now Kestrel had actually sold out at Ryton...  :-\

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 15:27:06 »
I thought I was pretty restrained....I bought  Anya, Annabelle, Charlotte, Mayan Gold, International Kidney, Winston, Witchill, Maris Peer, Edzell Blue...and one I've forgotton! 96 in total, that is my lot!

Also got some shallots from the HSL 'seed swap' area and .....er......a packet of melon seeds (not that I'm going to try growing them again honest.....)  ::)

Also met Multiveg and had a natter, didn't spot anyone else! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 18:41:32 »
My mate wanted Witchill (that's Snowdrop, right?) but we didn't have them at Whitchurch.  Plenty of Kestrel though. ;)
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Tattieman

• Half Acre
    • www.jbaseedpotatoes.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 18:45:58 »
I am going to Gordale tomorrow with some more spuds as they have ran out today. If I had time I would have taken some Kestrel down to the Ryton event but I have promised the kids I will take them to Chester zoo.
Sounds like everyone has had a good time so far.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 21:11:04 »
Now Kestrel had actually sold out at Ryton...  :-\

We got Kestrel! Well, I think they are Kestrel - my son was in charge of getting the potatoes (I had written the name and quantity I wanted on the bags). Just going to have a look at the haul now.
We had 98, but then darling son wanted to make it up to 100 - he chose Rudolph.

It was nice to have a little natter and to met some more A4A-ers. I have met two others previously (one hasn't visited here for ages, and the other we all miss...)

Got interviewed today too - BBC Radio 4's The Food Programme were out and about interviewing people at the seed swap.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 00:03:22 »
My mate wanted Witchill (that's Snowdrop, right?) but we didn't have them at Whitchurch.  Plenty of Kestrel though. ;)

Yes that is Snowdrop. I grew them two years ago and thought they had a superb flavour, so glad I could get some more today. The other variety I bought was Kerrs Pink...new for me.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 12:36:19 »
just back from Ryton   no scum, very quite,  disappointed no bluebelle or belle de fontinay or Mayan Twilight

bought casablanca, winston ,fortyfold, salad blue, yukon gold and whithill and various french bean seeds from seed swop

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 15:14:23 »
Glad you had a good time Lolabelle  :)

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 15:31:48 »
no flashing speed cameras for you this time Saddad??

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 15:53:14 »
No, OH came with me and kept me under control...  ;D

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 18:19:20 »
please to hear she was able to restrain you in the car if not buying the spuds  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spudbash

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 11:29:37 »
Sorry to miss my fellow A4A-ers at Whitchurch - you were probably in the checkout queue with me!

asbean - if you can't find Belle de Fontenay, go for BF15 instead - they're practically the same, but BF15 is a second early, rather than an early maincrop.    ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 13:01:25 »
There seem to have been a few of us there.  Sorry to have missed everyone, we bumped into a couple of people we only bump into at Whitchurch.  Never see them from one end of the year to the next.

Giving Belles a miss this year  :'( :'( :'(
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal