Author Topic: Worth a look, unusual tomato seeds from US  (Read 3330 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Worth a look, unusual tomato seeds from US
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 22:45:41 »
Ha ha, you think that has stopped me? ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 23:20:28 »
as if.. eh Deb. I am so bad!!

You must take a look at Tatiana's site too, yes you can buy seeds there but it is the database she has that is the real treat, if you wanted to know about an heirloom ton it is there with lots of links to other sites.

I am no good with links but just tap in  Tatiana's tomatoes and it will come up.

I am just organising mine on my laptop, somehow I lost my lists and have to start all over again first the names and then the descriptions. I have been at it for 2 days and have just finished C.

So having bought them what are you going to grow?

I realised when I was on line last night that Tatiana's site is in Anmore which is a village about 2 miles from me.... oh dare I... trying to fight it..I will let you know.

I like the way that the seed seller  on e bay has simply sold one as "Beefsteak" and not used it's aliases which sound so much more fancy like Crimson Cushion, Scarlet Beefsteak and Red Ponderosa  I get cross when I see some places selling all three  in the same catalogue as if they are different. Abe Lincoln is different to Abraham Lincoln by the way.

Copia is a stunning tomato, a rainbow of colours and it gets better when you cut them open, you must grow that one for sure.

Are you going for the record with Delicious..I believe it  may currently hold it for size, it is a mid season one too so might beat the blight and Porter is good too as it can handle a bit of cool.

I am growing Rutgers I think this year as I am putting in a no prune patch so this fits in well.

Well have fun Deb, you did well!!

Come on Saddad!!!!

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 08:55:10 »
Ha ha, you think that has stopped me? ;D

No, but I bet you've got a greenhouse or polytunnel or both  ;D

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 10:16:14 »
as if.. eh Deb. I am so bad!!

<I like the way that the seed seller  on e bay has simply sold one as "Beefsteak" and not used it's aliases which sound so much more fancy like Crimson Cushion, Scarlet Beefsteak and Red Ponderosa  I get cross when I see some places selling all three  in the same catalogue as if they are different. Abe Lincoln is different to Abraham Lincoln by the way.=

I am growing Rutgers I think this year as I am putting in a no prune patch so this fits in well.

I've been wondering how many of the names on the EBAY list of toms are made up, a bit of a skeptic, seemed to be way too many that had Kentucky in the name...
Jeanine, my mom's absolute favorite was Rutgers although she didn't have  available to her all the wide variety of seeds back then. But she thought the flavor was magnificent.

The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:09 »
No I don't think so, the names show up to often in many of the cataaloges and data bases and I am familiar with many of them,

I do love Rutgers, it is apparently making a come back

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal