Author Topic: Just a quick warning.  (Read 2408 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Just a quick warning.
« on: January 14, 2010, 20:39:04 »
Do not try and fly those little remote control helicopters  in a room that has had a chandelier.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Just a quick warning.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 20:46:33 »
Not the red one........ :o :o :o

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 20:55:45 »
Bet Mrs Ace doesn't yet, otherwise ACE wouldn't be in a fit state to be posting his 'warning' ;)

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 21:43:44 »
oof
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 22:00:35 »
OMG Ace. Must warn my daughter-in-law. My son has recently taken up heli flying as a hobby, poor Donna is now a "heli" widow, he spends hours on forums learning about them. Fortunately they have a large empty room above their shop where he can practice. As you can see in the photo of his helis he still has the training"balls" fitted.
Did you manage to disguise the damage from Mrs Ace?

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 22:16:37 »
Also, don't bake your egg shells (for the compost bin)in a plastic "cake tin" (Oops!)- it's OK now though- I have a very practical husband who can deal with these emergencies!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 07:16:09 »
I blame whoever was supposed be supervising the child playing indoors with a remote control helicopter......................

A grown up should have more sense.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:44:11 »
My stepson had a couple of helicopters.  They were lethal.  Another boy who never grew out of his toys  ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:28 »
Well it ain't all my fault. The silly moo thought she would suprise me on my birthday. I do not have a birthday usually at this time of year as I usually wait for the warmer weather in 6 months time. (well royalty get away with it). Anyway whatever brought on this brainstorm of her thinking I wanted a cold birthay, also sent her into some sort of frenzy and she imagined the idea of a perfect present would be a model helicopter ???. Whiskey has never been scorned at in the past!

She waited with baited breath while I opened the gaily papered box, It was not a bottle shaped present so I took my time. When the contents were exposed enough for me to get a slight glimpse she ripped the rest of the paper off with a big TRA LAA. I done the right thing, like just what I always wanted, what a nice surprise etc. Expecting any time now she will start laughing and say 'ever been had' and give me my usual bottle of Johnny Walker.

But no! this was the real thing and whats more she wanted to see if it worked, so I bunged the batteries in and whoosh. K'nell! the chandelier dangly bits shot all over the room. My dangly bits also got whacked in the melee, but fortunately they didn't copy the chandelier bits and stayed attached. My wife and dog ran for cover while I tried to turn the stupid thing off.

'You done that on purpose' you rotten sod was all the sympathy I got. Anyway after a couple of medicinal tinctures. I assessed the damage, everything was fixable. I shan't be wearing jeans for a few days and I my singing voice is a touch el castralto The chopper is sat glaring at me on the sideboard waiting to fly again. next time will be outside and with a bit of luck it might be encouraged to fly a bit further than the remote controls range.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 11:01:16 »
I want one now.............must get one for my Grandchildren and me to play with. ;D

After a risk assessment of course  LOL   ;D

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 11:21:04 »
oh to be a fly on the wall ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 12:24:58 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now, if your hedges need cutting ..........
The Tuscan Beaneater

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 12:41:40 »
I dare you to play with it on the allotment.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 18:17:45 »
Course he done it on purpose :
1. It will have to stay in its box now
2. He tried  to smash the chandelier
3. He's old mate Johnny Walker will be back next year.

He's not as daft as he looks.    :P      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 18:23:40 »
My next door neighbours kids rang my bell last week as theirs was stuck on my windowsill behind a plant pot! They do look fun...

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 19:59:51 »
My parents came over for Christmas and one box was your dads new toy ???  Turned out to be a remote control helecopter.  He could not understand why my dogs wanted to chase and eat it.  After a few whiskies and trials it went back in the box.

A friend of my mine started off building model aircraft and ended up getting his pilots licence and a share in a plane.  Maybe you will be there soon....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal