Author Topic: Do you think he should go  (Read 5187 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Do you think he should go
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 14:04:06 »
I agree with Lewic.  And I like Boris. 

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 14:09:35 »
As I understand it the Pentagon system he hacked did not have firewalls to protect it so the Pentagon is guilty of neglect.

No passwords either & although hacking may technically be the right term for what he did nothing he did would really be classed as hacking by anyone except the judicial system.
I wonder what happened to the system administrator who allowed those computers to go onto the network without such basic security measures in place or the maintenance engineers who would also be well aware of these things & what about all the other people who have accessed these computers illegally over the years. Why is that only one person (with mental health problems) who was attempting to find answers to various conspiracy theories is the only person that was considered important enough to prosecute. If anyone is prosecuted it should be the idiots responsible for allowing government computers to be connected to the internet with less security measures in place than the average domestic PC would have.

mrestofus

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 15:19:25 »
mental health is not an excuse to for getting out punishment.
he did the crime he will do time and most likely in USA on the uk's dime.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 15:49:42 »
[- never driven too fast - never had an underage drink?
Oh yeh, they go hand in hand with breaching national security. I know hacking is different to all the things I mention. But it is him and his  ilk  that take great delight in spoiling it for the rest of us.

But there we go. It seem a lot of people like to sit there and smile at all the crap that is throw at them these days. It is their choice. Only one thing wrong with it, sometimes it gets uncomfortable for them to sit still and they move a fraction off centre. Then the shite gets by them and it hits me. and I don't like it.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 17:13:49 »
Ace - I would generally agree with your sentiments but I believe in this case the guy is nothing more than a dolt and a fall guy.  Im in IT and hate hackers and virus writers with a vengence - you should see me when soemone sticks a USB pen with confickr on it into one of my PCs - Id give them a few lashes if I though it would make a difference.

In general I believe there should be more legal strength across the board to deter hackers but I sincerely believe that the most sensible way to "clean up the internet" is to educate people and improve tech.  Unfortuantely most big hacks cross international waters (Russia/Ukraine/China) so Im not sure what effect any of this will have.

I may be a bit of a liberal (not lefty! but liberal) but one that likes a nioce big stick just in case!!!

Now if someone can tell me how to gro corriander with out it bolting.....
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

snipsnip

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 17:14:41 »
I don't see what mental health issues he has is anything to do with what he did.

The do gooder Brits coming out with **** like that.  No wonder this country is in such a state.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 17:21:19 »
Ace - I would generally agree with your sentiments but I believe in this case the guy is nothing more than a dolt and a fall guy.  Im in IT and hate hackers and virus writers with a vengence - you should see me when soemone sticks a USB pen with confickr on it into one of my PCs - Id give them a few lashes if I though it would make a difference.

In general I believe there should be more legal strength across the board to deter hackers but I sincerely believe that the most sensible way to "clean up the internet" is to educate people and improve tech.  Unfortuantely most big hacks cross international waters (Russia/Ukraine/China) so Im not sure what effect any of this will have.

I may be a bit of a liberal (not lefty! but liberal) but one that likes a nioce big stick just in case!!!

It's friday. Rant over. lets go and have a drink, and bore the pants off them down the pub. ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 17:23:45 by ACE »

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 17:26:20 »
I can't go, haven't got my old people's fuel payment yet.  I am so poor and sad, not really I don't care. Ace is buying, mine is a double. nicely please.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 17:36:42 »
I can't go, haven't got my old people's fuel payment yet.  I am so poor and sad, not really I don't care. Ace is buying, mine is a double. nicely please.

Didn't they tell you, that bicycle riders will not get it this year.  ;)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 17:47:29 »
They should drop the case and offer him a job. He has done them a favour by exposing their neligence, and the case is a criminal waste of taxpayers money.

I agree he has done them a favour.

My son has Asperger's Syndrome..it is not a mental condition it is a disability.

They are very naive, there was no malicious intent and they (people with AS) are very honest.....I believe he emailed them and told them he had been in their system.
My son has been in trouble just about every week at Uni due to misunderstandings and he doesn't usually learn from his mistakes another feature of AS.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 17:57:35 »

It's friday. Rant over. lets go and have a drink, and bore the pants off them down the pub. ;)

Too bloody right ACE! Mine's a large one!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 18:00:42 »
My bike has got a puncture, is that why I am not getting it.  Very grateful for it anyway.  Anyway Ace you can't get out of buying the drinks.  Think a person with something to do with fastening should go. Off topic.  Thanks Ace for supporting me on granddaughter, thought you would say 'on your bike'.

snipsnip

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 18:18:56 »
If we're getting personal biker with a puncture.  I thought maybe it was time you went too.  Your cat thread was amazing, maybe you should step back and have a good look at what you type first.

I know all those that think you are a great old lady will come rallying round you here but bet there are many that think like me about you. 

I know you don't care and neither do I.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 18:23:01 »
I think that was a bit harsh snip snip >:(

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 18:29:47 »
What on earth are you talking about snipsnip.

"If we're getting personal biker with a puncture.  I thought maybe it was time you went too."  What does that mean?  Doesn't make any sense to me.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 18:30:24 »
If it's handbags at 20 paces. I have the power to lock the thread. So come on ladies We've all said too much today.

snipsnip

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 18:34:07 »
Probably was betula but I am entitled to my opinion without getting a personal attack made on me.

You can see why peeps come and look and get their gardening advice and don't contribute as it always seems to me how certain people gang up on others.

But there you go, guess what ever rocks your boat.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 18:37:41 »
I think some of us must have started early.  My ignore list is growing very long.

Anywho, where's my drink Ace?  Big glass of Talisker please, and just bring me the water, I don't want you drowning it.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 18:42:31 »

water

You do know what fishes do in that stuff don't you? Dirty little buggers!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 18:46:43 »
Dirty little buggers!
I have very catholic tastes.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal