Author Topic: Do you think he should go  (Read 5197 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Do you think he should go
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:21:57 »
He's a hacker, a curse on everyone who uses the internet. The mental condition did not stop him from being a PITA
who is paying for his legal expenses, I hope it is not coming from public funds. Make him go and face the music and send a message to every other scammer/ hacker/ internet pest. I  want my computor to be safe to use, secure to be able to do everything it is supposed to do. Also I want to read my emails without all the spam that thinks it know what I need because some scrote is tracking my surfing.

What do you think, Do you want a safe and useful device in your home. Or do you feel sorry for the cunning Barsteward.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Do you think he should go
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:27:59 »
He should face trial here.

If it was the other way round it would not be so easy.

The Americans have too much of their own way.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:31:35 »
I'm with Betula on this one. I sort of understand what you are saying Ace, but the legislation that is being used in this case is a right shocker.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 08:39:29 »
He should face trial here.

If it was the other way round it would not be so easy.

The Americans have too much of their own way.

He would get a smack on the wrists here, too many do-gooders about for him to be punished and really made an example of.  Over there he could get 10 years and that means 10 years.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:02:53 »
Send the no-good so & so anywhere except where we pick up the bills.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 10:18:15 »
He's a hacker, a curse on everyone who uses the internet. The mental condition did not stop him from being a PITA
who is paying for his legal expenses, I hope it is not coming from public funds. Make him go and face the music and send a message to every other scammer/ hacker/ internet pest. I  want my computor to be safe to use, secure to be able to do everything it is supposed to do. Also I want to read my emails without all the spam that thinks it know what I need because some scrote is tracking my surfing.

What do you think, Do you want a safe and useful device in your home. Or do you feel sorry for the cunning Barsteward.
The yanks listen to all of your telephone calls, whether via mobile or fixed line, they also track and filter ALL internet traffic (even this one)
they ain't bloody snow white, far from it!!
You couldn't make it up!

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 10:27:54 »
Persoanally I am with Stephen Fry and Borris Johnson.  The crime was committed here and he should be tried here - but the CPS have showed no interest in putting a case together.  
He could possibly get 70 years in the US with is ridiculous IMO.

The guy is a bit of a freak and was not a malicious hacker - the reason the US are so pissed is that he exposed the fact that half of the PCs he "Hacked" were completely unsecured - no firewalls - no passwords and he never hacked anyones personal computer.

He is totally unregarded in the hacking world - there are thousands of kiddie scirpters out there with more hacking skills who do more damage on a day to day basis than this guy ever did but no one is getting after them because they didnt dare try to get access to army/nasa stuff.  I would be more worried about the virus writers, kiddie scripters, bot armies, russian/chinese mobs etc than this guy.

When the US have got the balls to sign an extradition treaty that is equal in both directions then maybe there would be less of a problem but unitl that day I would tell the US to feck off.

Spam is whole different issue - generally has nothing to do with hackers
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:43:05 »
The crime was committed here he should be tried here.

They are only going after him because he is vulnerable and will not be able to defend himself.  There are bigger sharks in the sea.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 10:47:15 »
I  want my computor to be safe to use, secure to be able to do everything it is supposed to do. Also I want to read my emails without all the spam that thinks it know what I need because some scrote is tracking my surfing.
Other than credit card/online banking details there is unlikely to be anything on your computer which would interest most hackers although I do currently have a pc in for repair which has been hacked & used for a lot more than that because the owner believes all the rubbish about how you don't need any security software if you use linux.

Spam is unrelated to hacking, most email services filter out the majority of the spam email & if you use firefox there is an addon which blocks the targeted advertising cookies that determine which ads you will see on a website for 90 of the major ad companies although using the NoScript addon to block them is a much better method IMHO.

Targeted advertising cookies addon for firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11073
NoScript add on for firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 10:49:45 »
Persoanally I am with Stephen Fry and Borris Johnson.  The crime was committed here and he should be tried here -
That is why this country is going to the dogs. You would rather listen to 2 clowns instead of getting the ball rolling and cleaning up the internet so we can all enjoy it.  70 years serves him right. I have to pay exta costs to stop my computor crashing, to stop people getting to my private details, my enjoyment of the internet is spoiled by the likes of him and every other criminal who wants to interupt my life.
 It will make some of the others think twice before they try a similar stunt. Why should we pay for his punishment, why should we be paying his legal aid. Why should we even be giving him room to breathe.
  The internet could really be a fantastic tool to aid all society, but misfits like him seem hell bent on spoiling it for everyone.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 11:00:41 »
I agree in the principal but you asked about this one particular guy.

He has mental health issues and he should be dealt with accordingly under British Law. ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 11:01:14 »
He didn't spoil it for e veryone, he made the american government "security" havve egg on their faces.  He did that in this country.  End of.
The Tuscan Beaneater

pennsylvannia planters

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 11:09:28 »
The computers he hacked into were in a different country.
So was the crime actually committed in this country? :-\

mrestofus

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 12:03:57 »
he committed the crime in USA and 70 years are least his troubles. The large guy in next cell will making him his sex toy.

mrestofus

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 12:06:11 »
hacking does have be malicious in the USA to be a crime. Same penalties apply  no matter what the intent is.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 12:22:09 »
Persoanally I am with Stephen Fry and Borris Johnson.  The crime was committed here and he should be tried here -
That is why this country is going to the dogs. You would rather listen to 2 clowns instead of getting the ball rolling and cleaning up the internet so we can all enjoy it.  70 years serves him right.

Not going ...gone to the dogs,we are to soft in the UK let the yanks have the bugger and let them show us how it should be done.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 13:11:31 »
No, I do not agree he should go.

He has a recognised medical condition which must have some bearing on the case. 

Hi might be a 'PITA' as ACE so delicately puts it, but that's part of Aspergers. We should have sympathy for him and for his mother, not condemnation.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 13:17:54 »
That is why this country is going to the dogs. You would rather listen to 2 clowns instead of getting the ball rolling and cleaning up the internet so we can all enjoy it.  70 years serves him right. 

Yep I would rather listenen to two intellectually stimulating people who know what they are talking about than the rubbish being spewed forth here.  Clean up the internet??  What on earth are you talking about - anyone with any understanding of the protocols of the internet knows that you cannot stop hackers by handing out prison sentances - modern hackers are anonomous. This will stop noone except maybe the odd kiddie scripter. How on earth does giving him 70 years serves any real purposes - he fessed up - he used his own email address - the guy is an idiot.  Giving him 70 years will not stop bot attacks, will not stop virus writers - it will have virtually nill effect on any sort of hacking.
it may make you feel all warm inside but that does not concern me - the punishment must fit the crime or the law is an ass.   

Have you never comitted a crime - never driven too fast - never had an underage drink?

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 13:42:24 »
As I understand it the Pentagon system he hacked did not have firewalls to protect it so the Pentagon is guilty of neglect.  I also understand that the British do not have equal extradition rights when wanting to gain access to US citizens for crimes committed here and the Home Secretary has reduced the right to 3 months for a further appeal to just 7 days.

This hacker has committed no murder nor grand theft nor endangered lives.  Nor has he destroyed compyer systems or sent out worms and virusese to dusrupt the internet.   He has embarrassed the US authorities but they waited 3 years for a change in extradition law before trying to prosecute him.   Their justice system is not equal or fair and their prison system is barbaric.

I think the man should be tried here and I also think the Americans should take a hike and the Home Secretary should be looking for a new job so we can have someone who will look after the interests of British citizens and not kowtow to the Yanks or anyone else.

Obxx - Vendée France

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 13:56:31 »
They should drop the case and offer him a job. He has done them a favour by exposing their neligence, and the case is a criminal waste of taxpayers money.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal