Author Topic: Anyone know  (Read 3069 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Anyone know
« on: November 07, 2009, 16:05:42 »
 of a shop that sells blinds & cuts them to size  on the day please.
I have been to all the DIY found the exact colour i need but not the size so frustrating.    I diden`t want to order online because you cannot get the true colour.   Thanks.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Anyone know
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 16:07:50 »
There are companies that come to your house with samples but they are probably more expensive. Can't think of any names but they often advertise in the weekend supplements.

knottygal

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 16:39:14 »
Hi Rosebud,

The online blind companies will send out samples so you can see the true colour. Much cheaper than someone coming to your house if you are  handy enough to put them up yourself - its really not hard at all and with the measuring instructions they provide you get a perfect tailor made fit.
We ordered beautiful wide wooden venetians a few years ago, I fell off the sofa in shock when the supply and fit quotes came in and almost wrote them off as too expensive, till I looked online. I used:

www.newblinds.co.uk

and was delighted with the quality and service I received, so highly recommend them!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 17:19:23 »
Hmm, Buds, time to Fone a Friend?

Just get baking them cakes, gal.....they're Big Eaters ;D ;D ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 20:10:51 »
We used Hillarys blinds and sent away for samples of material.  They were very good and not very expensive.   We took the measurements ourselves.

http://www.hillarys.co.uk/blind-choices/?source=1&CMP=KNC-PPC&gclid=CIr2uKPY-Z0CFZ1h4wodXmAnqA

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 16:48:05 »
We are having replacement windows fitted this week (so far, so good) and I'm thinking of going for blinds instead of curtains.  I know of one local company who I will approach for a quote and a couple of people have mentioned Hillarys.  But what I'd really like to know is what type of blind you'd recommend for easy cleaning?  I'm not keen on housework so I don't want dust traps.  We need privacy at the front of the house and I'm very keen to get rid of the net curtains which I hate!  The OH wants venetian blinds but won't promise to dust 'em.  Help!
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 17:24:12 »
We had our blinds from Hillarys.

They come to the house ,show you what they have got and they measure and come back with them and fit them.

I would never buy Venetian,I have one in the caravan and it is a dirt trap.

Not sure what mine are called,maybe Roman,silky material so I give em a quick flick with the duster when I can be bothered.

They cost a fortune but I did choose from their most expensive range but I thought what the heck,you have to look at them a lot so they are worth it.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 17:37:49 »
OH made some Roman Blinds.. and had me do all the fittings..  :-X

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 17:58:05 »
Saddad are there no limits to OHs talents ;).

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 18:28:25 »
I got ours from here cut exact to your measurements and arived within 2 days.

http://www.conceptblindsdirect.co.uk/
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal