Author Topic: ?? Was there a tomato competion with pieces of silver for the winner.  (Read 1361 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
 I  vaguely seem to remember  early this year someone throwing down the gauntlet and offering  10 pieces of silver  to the person who grew the biggest tomato..

Who Won?

Actually who made the offer I forget and can't find it.??

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Great to hear from you, Jeannine. I bet you have one waiting in the wings?

I think an awful lot of 'would-be's' succumbed to blight this year. I know mine did.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Me thinks we would have won it but we ate it ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Several posts made by 'thegreatgardener' challenged people to a tomato growing contest.
The biggest/ heaviest tomato (with photos to prove the size/weight) would of won.
The prize offered was 10 1oz silver coins and a complete copy of the challengers gardening library (claimed to be 16 Gigabytes of digital books, photocopied magazine pages, & growing diaries).

The challenge was never taken up so there was no winner.

thegreatgardener

• Acre
yes there was contest but those  on this board were not interested.
the contest is now closed.

70fingers

• Half Acre
Glad size wasn't important  :P

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Thank you ,I remember it now..it would have been interesting to find out what we could have done in the UK.

Tim, bless your heart I have been worrying about you and couldn't find your e mail addy... soooo soooo super to hear from you.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Me thinks we would have won it but we ate it ;D
;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Well I could have challenged Shirltons one, but by the time the forklift got ours up to the third floor and through the patio doors there was so little room left that we had to throw a tom party and share it with the neighbours otherwise we would not have found out beds..sad that the camera flash wasn't working that day .

XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal