Author Topic: peter nyssen bulbs  (Read 3308 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
peter nyssen bulbs
« on: October 25, 2009, 19:43:47 »
I just wanted to highly recommend a bulb company
Its Peter nyssen.
Ive used them for three years now and without fail the bulbs they have supplied have been really great quality and survive through more than a season.
 (no i dont work for them)
They have some really awesome varieties such a texas flame parrot tulips (giants) and peter stuvecent and woodstock hyacinths. Give them a whirl if you are after a treat for spring

x sunloving

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
Re: peter nyssen bulbs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:10:39 »
I'm a bit confused about their pricing.

They say "Between 25 and 250 use the 'per 100' price and for 250 and over use the 'per 1000' price. "

If the tulips are priced at say £15. Does that mean 25 would be £3.75 ?
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:25:20 »
http://www.peternyssen.com/

I've just had a look, and I'm quite impressed, the prices are reasonable overall, £4.95 delivery under £50 though.

I tried a mock order, some bulbs are priced per 25, some per 10, prices depend on the quantity. The checkout does calculate it automatically for you though! The 75 bulbs I picked out would come to £17.20 including p&p...cheaper than local garden centre prices or a trip to the flower market in Amsterdam (last time I went my luggage coming back was all bulbs......... ;D)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 18:25:26 »
The numbers are a bit confusing
I always assume that they are wrong and i type in the number of bulbs i want regardless, this usually works.

My favorates have been the jonqulila daffs , quail is ace, the hyacinths woodstock and peter stulvescent really vibrant colours and strong scent and the tulips are all fab!

little hopes of spring!
x sunloving

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal