Author Topic: BBC QUESTION TIME  (Read 12728 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
BBC QUESTION TIME
« on: October 21, 2009, 22:51:32 »
i all ways watch bbc q time.but not this week.

British National Party leader Nick Griffin will be allowed to appear on Question Time on Thursday night.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: BBC QUESTION TIME
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 22:53:25 »
We always watch it too.  I will be watching it tomorrow as I like to hear what everybody has to say.  It probably won't be anything like people are expecting it to be, lol. 

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 23:03:46 »
We will watch it because I want to hear from his own mouth what I've been reading about >:(
I try to teach my grandchildren there are only two kinds of people-Good people and Bad people.It doesn't matter race,religion,sexuality or the way they grow sprouts. I did think giving this guy a platform was a bad thing but hopefully people will judge for themselves-B.N.P -BLOODY NASTY PEOPLE
oops Iv'e always promised myself I wouldn't get political it's your fault Jimtheworzel for starting this thread
sanity is overated

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 23:11:03 »
macmac   if thats what you think, then a mod will put an end to it
in my mind this is a man hell bent on stirring up sh@t

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 23:38:42 »
Will be interesting to see what questions will be asked, and the audience's reaction to him.
The Tuscan Beaneater

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 23:55:38 »
Will be interesting to see what questions will be asked, and the audience's reaction to him.

lots of boos!!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 00:13:58 »

lots of boos!!

You bet !!!
The Tuscan Beaneater

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:15:23 »
We will watch it because I want to hear from his own mouth what I've been reading about >:(

Nick Griffin lives just a few miles away from me he acts & talks like a politician which is bad enough the people he associates with (presumably supporters of the BNP) are very unpleasant & IMHO people like that should not get any say in how this country is run. I should be able to walk down the street with my wife without a bunch of idiots threatening me with baseball bats or machetes because they consider my wifes skin to be the wrong colour. If the BNP ever gets voted into power I think I'll end up emigrating.

plainleaf2

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:27:36 »
if any politician gets elected it always the party that  has lost fault for messing up the country that get the opposition  elected. those you degrade may just become, those who become your new overloads.
the real question would bnp be any worse at messing up the Uk then labor, new labor, or the conserative party have been.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:47:19 »
I am going to hear what he has to say and then decide. I don't know anything about the party so will be listening to find out just what the party stand for without just going by hearsay.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 07:54:15 »
If the BNP ever gets voted into power I think I'll end up emigrating.
Heaven forbid it should ever come to that but I hope the rest of the world is more sympathetic than it was in the 30's...
I won't be watching.
 :-X

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 07:57:44 »
This country has always defended free speech & I beleive in listening & learning & making up my own mind without the press telling me what to do.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 09:04:49 »
From what I hear the BBC`s reasoning is that the BNP is a legitimate political party with two European seats.

That`s true---but if a load of people who cannot be bothered to vote in elections made the effort then perhaps they would not have any seats??

All the shouting and booing counts for little if the chance to vote them out is ignored.

It`s something I am a bit passionate about

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 09:29:56 »
Good point about the voting (or lack of) Cleo! You just need to look across the channel to see what nearly happened with Le Penn  :-X

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 09:48:41 »
This country has always defended free speech & I beleive in listening & learning & making up my own mind without the press telling me what to do.
I suggest rather, that a very small minority of free thinkers in this country have throughout history stood up to oppression, watched with disapproval by a reactionary public who are unbearably uncomfortable with any challenge to established dogma.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 09:51:40 »
All views of an argument need to be heard before making a decision.

You should all watch and then decide.

Maybe we shouldn't listen to the conservatives because they are a bunch of slimy toffs.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 09:59:44 »
Who are British nationals anyway? Immigration has been going on a very long time! I agree that you should view all sides of an argument, but my issue with the BNP is that the policies they advertise are the thin end of a wedge. I guess it is similar with any party. They only say what people want to hear. We all know that whoever gets in power will not do exactly what they have promised so the underlying principles are the most important thing. People want easy answers to complicated questions.

I watched a program called 'BNP wives' a week or so ago. It was pretty shocking.

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 10:04:23 »
the guy is an immature cretin.  No man of the world with an ounce of compassion could hold such views.  Simple facts.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 10:21:46 »
I think their end is near.  It would be great if so many ethnic minorities joined the BNP and then re-wrote the policies.

Here is an extract from a website I found.   I have put a reference to it below but please note that it contains some awful language by a BNP member.  Perhaps a moderator could move this to the Watershed.

The BNP will be forced to admit black and Asian members after a legal victory for the Government's Equality and Human Rights Commission which will end the party's “white only” policy.

In a court order issued today, the party agreed to amend its constitution to ensure that its membership rules no longer discriminate on grounds of race, religion or any other “protected characteristic” specified under equality legislation.

The commitment means the party, which previously allowed only “indigenous Caucasians” and those from connected ethnic groups to become members, will now be required to admit any person who wishes to join its ranks. The policy change was announced today at the Central London county court after the BNP decided to admit defeat in a legal battle with the Equality and Human Rights Commission over its membership rules.

The extract above is from:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114674571886

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:47 »
I think their end is near. 

Ican only see their support increase (unfortunately). They are giving people (uneducated) 'solutions' to their problems.

I also can't see many ethinic minority people joining the BNP to make this point. I couldn't see their reception being very welcome. How do you think they will be treated unofficially?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal