Author Topic: BBC QUESTION TIME  (Read 12733 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: BBC QUESTION TIME
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 10:43:04 »
Free speech is important to me.  I think this guys appearance is overdue.  I want to make up my own mind.

I have my own ideas of what I think is involved with Britishness and being racist, intolerant or prejudiced is not included.

I think the majority should be clear about what we expect of all our citizens, so that all people who live here know what is expected of them.

I hope that the audience do not jeer and boo.  I will get ready to press the ignore button in my brain.

But I do believe that we need to make sure that there are jobs available for people who are already here rather than bringing in more and more people or selling our industry who then create the jobs elsewhere.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 10:47:02 »

Here is an extract from a website I found.   I have put a reference to it below but please note that it contains some awful language by a BNP member.  Perhaps a moderator could move this to the Watershed.

Pauline, it'll be ok to leave it here, you've given a warning and I feel that is sufficient :)  Hopefully everyone will play nicely and there will be no need to move/intervene :)  

I have to admit that I also want to watch this evening to see just how the audience reacts and what Mr Griffin's responses will be to very ordinary questions that get asked on this show.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 10:55:35 »
send them all back--

Is anyone not descended from them left??

This post has been modified so as not to offend

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:01:46 by cleo »

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 10:57:22 »
Guess I spoke too soon. 

Cleo to avoid this thread being taken away, kindly revise your post to remove words which others will find offending.  >:(

I'd do it myself but have yet to receive that ability!

cleo

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 11:00:05 »
I`d rather you did that--I merely used the words of racsts. Not my own views.

I`m sorry if they give offense

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 11:02:37 »
It is not your decision to have the thread removed.  Members were having a perfectly civil discussion and now you have spoilt it with the needless use of offensive words.  I urge you to check the A4A rules as it is clearly states these words are not acceptable and again I ask you kindly to remove them and show consideration to fellow board members.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 11:06:16 »
Thank you.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 11:07:44 »

But I do believe that we need to make sure that there are jobs available for people who are already here rather than bringing in more and more people or selling our industry who then create the jobs elsewhere.

Now I agree with this. We all know that there is a general shortage of jobs and some people are struggling to find work, despite trying their hardest to get a job. On the other side of the coin there are plenty of people who are not working because they do not want to do certain jobs. If non-british people want to do these jobs then I don't see the problem. Either that or make the british people do them by having a tighter regulation on benefits.

I work with 16-19 year olds and many of them have very unrealistic opinions of what is a "good job" and a "decent wage". Apparently 18k is a rubbish wage! Some of them think that teachers get money like 50k! Many of the students will end up on a degree from a low-ranked university and will be in a field for 'graduate' jobs offering wages such as 12k if they are lucky.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 11:08:20 »
If our government had put in place much stricter controls on Immigration I don't think all this hoo ha would be going on.

In my opinion our country has become a magnet to all.Many people are sick of it and the government know that.

The PC brigade have made it that even if you talk about the problems to do with immigration you are branded a racist.That is why we have had this softly softly approach and as such the government and the main parties fear the BNP.

I will watch the programme but I would never vote for BNP.Look at Hitler's Germany to see what the future would be if they gained power.

If we had much better immigration control hardly anyone would give this party a second thought.

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 11:09:06 »
For those waiting to hear and make their own minds up, some things definately won't be mentioned on QT, he's not stupid and will be saying things to appeal to the masses, talking of hitlers Germany he won't mention that he denies the holocaust ever happened, 6 millions jews did not die according to him, he meets with and supports the Klu Klux Klan who, if anyone has forgotten, hanged black people in public. No doubt he'll forget to mention those things. He has been convicted of inciting racial hatred so should he even be allowed to be a politician in the same way an arsonist shouldn't be in the fire service or a convicted tax evader work in the inland revenue.

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 11:09:12 »
Unfortunately those offending words are only too popular in this area.

I live 5 minutes walk away from where the BNP held their festival this year and it really is upsetting to have such people on your doorstep.I really hope that if they must have a rally then let it be elsewhere next time.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:10:58 by Fork »
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Sholls

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 11:10:48 »
This post has been modified so as not to offend
Cleo, I can't imagine a reasonable person taking offense to anything you've written, if they read it within context. 

(And yes, I did read the original unedited post).

cleo

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 11:24:04 »
Cleo, I can't imagine a reasonable person taking offense to anything you've written, if they read it within context.  

Thank you so much--I have revised my post following advice from those who moderate this site and I`m truly sorry if anything I said cased offense--but those terms are used.

Best I stuck to banning Moneymaker in future?? ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:27:36 by cleo »

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 11:27:15 »
Cleo,

maybe you should have used those words in a "quote" instead of making it look like you had written them.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

cleo

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 11:34:24 »
Yes -I accept that.

And once again I apologise if I broke the house rules.

In my defense I was just trying to point out the nonsense of racists views--I just did it badly. :-[

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 11:34:36 »
I speak to Indians in the local shop, Chinese in the takeaway, Italians, Portugese at the allotment, Greeks next door, all very nice people but they are all complaining to me about too many foreigners coming into this country. I think they can be quite racist, me I just keep quiet.  All this fuss about question time, on here and on the radio will make more people watch it, which I suppose we should and be more informed as must admit I am quite ignorant about politics, more interested who is the father of Heather's baby in Eastenders which I expect a lot of people will also watch.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 11:38:45 »

The BNP's views on immigration are clearly outlined in their constitution. Wether someone would be able to live & work here would be detemined by their country of origin & the colour of their skin.
http://bnp.org.uk/Constitution.doc
(b) The British National Party stands for the preservation of the national and ethnic character of the British people and is wholly opposed to any form of racial integration between British and non-European peoples. It is therefore committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent, the overwhelmingly white make up of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 11:39:02 »
I won't be watching it - I don't have a telly  :D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 11:58:57 »
I have apologised to Cleo via PM for what might have seemed like overreating or heavy handedness (is that even a word?!) but after I saw said words, I wanted to jump in and have them removed before another full scale, ten page war broke out.  They were not Cleo's words so speak and I realise that but again, the words themselves - not nice :)  Thanks :)

Have just been discussing the Question Time debacle with my sister and she says she's very cross with the BBC for making it seem like such a coup that they've got Griffin, instead of making it about politics. 

cleo

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 12:14:26 »
I have apologised to Cleo via PM for what might have seemed like overreating or heavy handedness

And I accepted that apology. An apology via a pm was enough--to post it shows a character due great respect.

Thank you

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal