• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
Re: Dagga
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:15:54 »
very nice

hope you're not planning on smoking it

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
Re: Dagga
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 11:51:31 »
that looks very much like the plant that we call Shandileer, just did a search and woohoo! it is the same that can be found in Trinidad 'Leonotis nepetifolia'. it is well known for its medicinal properties and is used as a form of bush tea for all manner of ailments. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonotis_nepetifolia#Medicinal_use

i have never heard that it used as a cannabis substitute but then there is enough of that around back home so no need to substitute :-\. sadly the habit of concreting over every bit of bare earth in and around peoples homes all in the name of convenience; a low maintenance yard, has all but wiped out the plant from most built up areas :(. i remember seeing great stands of it in most gardens/ yards when growing up, they were very popular with butterflies if i remember correctly *sigh*.

out of interest where did you acquire the seeds, i know you enjoy growing new things but what are you planning to use it for, in the West Indies they are also used a lot in dry flower arrangements, especially at Christmas time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal