Author Topic: A couple of evenings this week  (Read 4493 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
A couple of evenings this week
« on: October 08, 2009, 15:04:29 »
Sunset over the sweetcorn

and sun set over the allotments.

Le-y

• Acre
  • Growing children and food in Norfolk
Re: A couple of evenings this week
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 15:15:09 »
lovely pics
First time allotment holder, second time mum.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 19:56:57 »
Thanks

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 11:51:20 »
Lovely photographs, you should print them off, frame them and put them on the wall.  Saw that lovely red sky the other night but didn't get a photo of it as good as yours.  :( :( :(  My batteries keep running out in my digital camera, is that normal, or any ideas??

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 18:34:44 »
Lovely photos, especially the second one with the sunrays showing through the clouds.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 18:53:37 »
My batteries keep running out in my digital camera, is that normal, or any ideas??
Batteries old and worn out need replacing, charger faulty, have Ni-mh batteries (do not hold charge for long), camera faulty, I'm sure I can think of some others, you need to say ,more about the camera/battries.

Yep, nice pics, I need to take a few of my plot.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 19:12:27 »
I had a fuji which I liked very much but a bit fell off it on holiday and I had to buy another one.  So wanting a view finder there was very little choice.

So went for the Sony.  It was designed by someone with strong fingernails because you have to press all the tiny little knobs with your nails.  Except my finger nails have the consistency of hard cheese so I try to avoid touching them on anything.  Also you have to take the battery out to charge it rather than just plug the charger into the camera.

But I have to admit it takes very nice pictures, especially close up.  I seem to be able to take pictures in bright light within a few inches of the subject.  So I am getting superb results.  Pity about my finger nails.  Have you seem my water droplets on PSB?
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,55537.0.html

My batteries keep running out in my digital camera, is that normal, or any ideas??

The sony seems to go longer between charges.  Depends on the type of battery but sometimes you have to completely run them down before charging to get the best charge.  Had to have two batteries with the Fuji and keep swapping them.  Also easy to knock it on.  Perhaps there are some experts out there who know more about camera batteries.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 19:17:37 by Digeroo »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 19:29:43 »
mine has just 'popped it's clogs' so Ray's buying me a new one for my birthday  ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 20:46:31 »
My camera is a Samsung D860 (new last Xmas) and in the booklet which I have just read it says 2XAA Alkaline (High capacity), I used Duracell, AA Alkaline, got four in a pack and have replaced batteries very quickly.  Will have to go and get high capacity from camera shop, not local shop I think.  OH said they may have be old, does say within a year from date of manufacture, but says on battery OK until March 2015.  Help someone who is cleverer than me.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 21:56:57 »
My camera is a Samsung D860 (new last Xmas) and in the booklet which I have just read it says 2XAA Alkaline (High capacity), I used Duracell, AA Alkaline, got four in a pack and have replaced batteries very quickly.  Will have to go and get high capacity from camera shop, not local shop I think.  OH said they may have be old, does say within a year from date of manufacture, but says on battery OK until March 2015.  Help someone who is cleverer than me.
The batteries may have been stored badly, this would reduce their capacity, but it may that are lasting as long as they should.
Digital cameras are very power hungry devices, all the time the display is on they are consuming a lot of power.
You should get a few hours use out of a set of batteries, but that is not long when have to buy fresh.
If you use your camera more than just the odd occasion it is well worth investing in some rechargeables and a charger.
Rechargables come in Ni-Cd and Ni-MH, the Ni-MH are a higher capacity, but lose their charge in a few days so need to be charged every time you use the camera, Ni-Cds tend to hold their charge longer and are cheaper, but a lower capacity (about half that of new duracells).
Do also keep a couple of duracells in the bag,  just in case you have forgotten to charge up recently.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:38:06 »
Very nice, like the runner bean canes.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 19:54:51 »
If you get some high-capacity rechargeable batteries, it's expensive, but they pay for themselves many times over compared with the non-rechargeable ones.

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 20:16:14 »
Ref your battery's-
    I brough a camera of e-bay a while ago now was sold as faulty said no matter what battery's he put in it they allways ran out after 2-3 pics. a friend had the same prob with the same camera seems all you need to do is change the battery type in the settings i done this and have no probs with it since.
 Have a look on yours maybe you could do the same.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 22:05:32 »
Really stunning pics, cant decide which is my favourite, well done Digeroo.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 15:46:00 »
Beautiful.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 18:04:41 »
Lovely sunset pictures Digeroo.   :D :D

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 18:59:35 »
Lovely photo's, well done.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 14:31:56 »
'Sunset over the allotments' is my fave......and just think? (she says, plugging the new Comp. 'Open' category :)..).....It Could be YOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal