Author Topic: please help urgently , legal advice may be needed re allotment  (Read 6676 times)

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
ive rented an allotment for the past 16 yrs and the agent whom collects the rent yearly , is abusive , vindictive and downright awful to myself and any persons connected with me , recently he has tried to throw me off the allotment , with no warning or reasons other than i dont like you , he has accused my children of running around the allotments in evenings creating havoc , the only problem i have with that is 1 is 5 yrs old and no allowed out alone!!!! the other is 18 and very disabled , so much so that he is wheelchair bound!!! the allotment is privately rented , PLEASE HELP!!! i have solicitor appointment tomorrow so any legal help and advice is sooooooooooo grateful , thank you tanya

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: please help urgently , legal advice may be needed re allotment
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:59:02 »
contact the nsalg straight away
www.nsalg.org.uk
this sounds awful,you have my sympathys,is this guy as horrible to any else at the plot,if so,get together to fight this

when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:47 »
Why is he behaving like this?  When did it start?  Is he like this with other plotholders?  Who owns the land?  It's hard to provide any help without the full story.  In the meantime, all I can suggest is that you keep a log of all contact with him - dates/times/what was said etc. etc.

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:17:12 »
he has a personal dislike to my family , i bought the brick buildings on the land over 16 yrs ago , as a kind of independant step away from being in debt to my family , the area is about half an acre and has 2 sets of brick built stables which in past years were a piggery , i too used the yard as a small holding , grew veg , not very well lol , and some chickens, couple of pigs and a couple of calves , i have a holding number there too , the person has a deep resent to any persons not in his cliche , and will bully , he was also a former councillor locally and is well known for his bullying tactics , my son is very disabled so i have always had a pony for him , as helps with his psysio, the pony had also been in family for over 20 yrs and she was put to sleep there , she was replaced by others , some very elderly rejects , he is now denying the ponies are even mine and the police went round yestreday to show the legal passports stating they are mine and he was very rude and STILL denied!!! 1 is approx 40 yrs old a shetland the other is my sons driving pony also a shetland cross , yes they have been used by my friends over the years on my allotment as it is their home and i do not wish for them to be used or stabled away from me , this person has cut fencing , then when sending workman down to repair fencing , he refuses them access!!! he has also bullied other persons on the land threatening to evict them if they dont assist him in getting me off , the last 2 years i personally have not handed him the rent i have given it to a friend whom he does like , now he is saying that i havent paid it!!!! well he has receipts to prove i have , i dont have copies he refuses to give them to me , so yes the yard is in disrepair as he wont allow access to maintain it , the horses have had to be moved as the fencing was taken down to repalce and now we cant get to area to replace and reapir , he is also refusing to accept my rent although i have no formal notice of eviction , he just says f*ck off!! how charming , also done this in front of police liason officer , im in a mess and dont know who to turn to , no one will stick up for me as they will lose therir allotments and they too have livestock there , what do i do x

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 11:39:52 »
What an awful situation~~ did you always pay the rent in cash ? If you paid him using cheques you and your bank would have a record of this? The reciepts should have been given to you as and when you paid him.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 11:43:51 »
I have no answer although you say he is the agent ,who is the owner would they be more reasonable to deal with if you could locate them.You already have your hands full with your sons without this aggrivation.Good Luck :)
sanity is overated

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:00:38 »
Gather any paper evidence that you have.
 - The purchase documents for the two buildings
 - Any tenancy documents you have
 - Cheque stubs/statements for the rent and any receipts that you do have and going back as far as you can
 - Any proof the animals are yours. Any purchase/vet/feed receipts,
 - if youv'e had repair work done, again receipts.
 - The workmen who came and were refused access, was this done officially, do you have paper evidence of this. Do you have paper evidence that they were turned away (you might still be able to contact the workmen and get statements)
 - As said, keep a diary of all conversations.
 - a statement from  the police liason officer (ie a third party whose testimony will carry weight) of your conversation would also demonstrate his attitude and intentions.

The more you can gather the better, but don't worry about have it all for tomorrow, just a list of what you can get will suffice for now.

I hope it goes well and Good luck
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 13:41:07 »
horses have to now legally have a passport , these were shown to the police officer , to which the agent replied " she must have just made them up" both ponies have legal binding markings by way of 1 with a freeze brand the other a microchip!!! must be some kinda clever gal to do that in less than half hour lol!!! yes the farrier whom attends the ponies will help as will the feed merchant , i always paid in cash as he refuses cheques!! the lady i bought the allotment buildings from will also make a statement staing when and how much i paid for it too , the 3 ladies whom have also helped me on the allotment will also make statements , as will the chap who tried to deliver the wood , i just saw someone else whom has a allotment and he is being threatened with eviction as his daughter was working down the allotment , clearing rubbish etc and slept the night in a tent as needed it done in a day and a bit , so rather than go home at 1 am to be back at 5am her and her partner slept in the tent used for her daughter in the summer days , this is the level this man will go to

the land owner is very elderly wants no aggro and is in a residental home

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 13:44:01 »
i have also taken pics today of the allotments down that lane , showing the disrepair of the other tenants land , HIS is disgracefully overgrown and been allowing flytipping on!!!!

i was also again verbally abused for walking the lane to my fathers , this also leads to ALL the allotments and is a public right of way and where i walk my dogs , im grateful i had a friend with me to witness his behaviour , my dog whom is recovered from surgery and has stitches in her side was frightened by him to and now has opened a wound!!!!!!!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 13:54:11 »
This is awful lurcher.   :o   I hope the solicitor can help you tomorrow.  No-one should have to put up with this sort of behaviour from anyone. 

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 14:02:15 »
im the first person to stand up to him so im told!!! but tbh im scared i will lose my littel piece of sanity , to top all this off i had a heart attack at 38yrs old 4 mths ago !!! he chooses hois toimes to pick on me very carefully , last time we had this my grandfather was dying at mine, and he had a petion set up to get me off , behind my back i add , he was sitting in and drinking my tea etc whilst doing this , i gavce him a letter back then to give to the other tenants to state that the horses were being done at weird times as dealing with grandad and single mum to disabled child was making things hard but any issues to please call at the house and id do what i can , this was never passed on !!!!!!!! so when i was told about the petion i then wrote to all of them and explained why were they doing this when they knew what was going on , i did have 2 replies which i kept stating that no one knew why i wasnt going at mt reg times and that frank had told them i was simply fed up with the animals!!!!!!! im sooooooooooo glad i kept the reply letters!!!

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 14:13:43 »
Hi LL - I can hardly believe that this person has been allowed to carry on in this way for so long - he is a positive menace.  I don't know how to put it delicately (to avoid upsetting some) but is he a little mentally unstable?  Perhaps he trying to scare off tenants and run the land down so much he is able to purchase it himself from the elderly owner at substantially reduced sum? I do hope you get some assistance in your battle with this person tomorrow.  I am still trying to work out why the police officer who witnessed this mans attitude and knows how he has been terrorising you has not done anything about it. Keep us posted on how your meeting tomorrow goes.
twinkletoes

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 14:21:11 »
I've re read this thread and I can tell by your postings how upset you are little lurcher,try and keep calm this revolting individual doesn't have the right to upset you like this and it sounds like you've got all kinds of evidence that will put him in his place.My only other thought does the owner have any relatives who are perhaps party to this agents behavior?Could they be considering developing the land at a later date if they could get it clear?If the owner is quite elderly they might be thinking ahead.meanwhile big hugs  :-* me  and twinkletoes crossed in the postings I see we think on a similar line
sanity is overated

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 14:30:43 »
i asked for the police to give a witness statement and he is more than willing to do so , he was given a formal warning about his aggressive and abusive behaviour yesterday , but more clout will come from going to court , i have to ring police back tomorrow with legal advice to take the matter in whatever direction i wish too , im holding back on the proceeding as i do not wish to get his back up further until i fully have my legal rights set in place , then ....................................... well!!!

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 14:40:01 »
Atta girl LL - we can't be with you in body but............. Yep - macmac you are right.....we are thinking along the same lines.....
twinkletoes

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 14:43:43 »
really good for you,hope tmrw brings good news,we are all rooting for you
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

little lurcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 14:45:37 »
what made me giggle today was , he is hollering about disrepair and also threatened another person as he hadnt grown enough ????????????? so i took a pic today of his , and .............. omg!!!!!!! how overgrown!!!!!!!!!!! and the corner he is allowing to be used for fly tipping , well well well , another point to put over in court i feel

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 15:42:48 »
what a horrid person.  i hope he get what he deserves.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 15:44:25 »
All sounds very stressful I hope you get it sorted soon.  

Does the owner have any family who are responsible for his affairs?  

Perhaps he trying to scare off tenants and run the land down so much he is able to purchase it himself from the elderly owner at substantially reduced sum?

I'm with Twinkeltoes I think he certainly seems that he is up to something.

I think you should befriend the owner.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 19:13:31 »
I know the feeling. I had mega problems with some people on my site a few years ago, beginning when I had a bad go with ME, and couldn't cope well. You need to get all the evidence you can, then get legal advice.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal