Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Mares tail

(1/3) > >>

jethro:
Hi all, me again  ;D can anyone help with how to get rid of this bl**dy mares tail in my lottie  ??? i've tried for 7 years to date with weed killer, digging out the roots, using explosives http://( not reccomended  ::) ) it didn't half break the soil down though,and now my wife has bought me a rotovator and i know i can't use it or it will spread rapidly >:( . A friend who was a pitman said that the roots of this little devil was growing through the ceiling of the seam, so what chance have i got  ??? .
So if anybody has got any ideas pleeeeeeeease let me know.

rdak:
hi
I've heard that some people have had some success with bruising the foliage by hand and then spraying on Roundup mixed with some washing-up liquid, which makes it more of a foam and helps stick.

But to be honest, most folks on my allotment say you just have to learn to live with it. And at least it makes a good pot scourer!

jethro:
Hi rdak, tried that crushed it with my hands, feet, head everything even jumping up and down with the spade, what a sight that was :P had the lads on the lottie rolling all over with laughter  :-/ . I've lived with it for 7 years so will have to live with for life :-/ .

Tenuse:
maybe you can invent a wind-powered chopperiser with mares tail sensors, on wheels so that it can move around the allotment and destroy mares tail automatically when it grows!!!!

Ten x

(only kidding!)

jethro:
Hi Tenuse, tried that, it went for the horses in the next lottie :D ;) . should have seen that performance ::) . I'm thinking of trying a sloar powered one though with sensors so when it hits the raised beds it turns around and starts again ;D , then i can sit with my feet up drinking Jack daniels in a tall frozen glass 8) ;D .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version