Author Topic: A bad accident..!!!  (Read 2558 times)

liefste

• Not So New ...
A bad accident..!!!
« on: July 19, 2009, 16:22:12 »
Yesterday on the allotment we had an accident,  that we are not over yet..!!! It may seem trivial to you but, we lost one of our amazing zinnia plants that had about 6 new buds on it, in prime growing health... please would anyone like to share any losses you have had in the garden, to try an console us...!!! :'( boo hoo

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: A bad accident..!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 21:15:10 »
Most of my beans were lost to a recent flood. The only ones I have left are the pea beans. When it comes to accidents, my wife has an amazing talent for finding a nettle to sit on every time she has to go for a pee on the plot.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 21:21:14 »
I sympathise! Earlier this year I stepped backwards and planted my size ten boot on my favourite rose snapping several stems off of it!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 21:36:11 »
Sorry to here that.
To ease your sorrow my veggies have taken a bit of a bashing today with all the rain.
Did it ever come down. :'(

Got them back now to put some tread on them

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 00:54:20 »
Pulling out grass-like "weeds" only to realize they were some ornamental corn I'd planted as seeds  two weeks earlier and forgot about.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Heartysoup

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 17:04:10 »
Whilst training a Gloriosa lily I went and snapped it completely. A Big boo hoo and a harsh lesson about late training  !

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 17:13:36 »
I was moving a Baby Bear Pumpkin in the mini-greenhouse and broke the stem three-quarters of the way through.  It was the only one I had and I particularly wanted to grow it this year.  Decided to plant it out anyway on top of a heap, 'repaired' the stem with an elastoplast and put a cloche over it.  Looked very sad at first, lower leaves died off but then it picked up and is growing away fine now.  Happy ending!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 17:21:39 »
Got some goosgogs to train as cordons and ower Tone had been reading up on pruning. Yes you've got it. He pruned them all as you would bushes
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 22:38:58 »
A few days ago our garden umbrella, blew over ( strong winds here) & snapped about 5/6 Fuschia branches off :'( :'( :'(.
using them all for cuttings.    Know how you feel.

carosanto

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 23:03:20 »
Hi Y'all

Went away for a week to the dry eastern side, came back to find it had been raining ever since we had left (and has continued for the last 5 days).  Every one of my patio pots (20) had severe slug and snail damage, lost all my zinnias and dahlias, petunias flattened by rain, busy lizzies turned to slime and slush, nasturtiums de-petalled, sweet peas in a terrible sulk and the slugs got ALL my cavolo nero and french marigold seedlings!!  And all my lilies which I thought had escaped the lily beetle had been chewed up by snails.  AAArrrggghhh. 

Our disasters teach us lessons, but do we ever really learn??

Caro
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got!

Lilyanne

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 22:50:16 »
I lost some Dahlia tubers.  They just turned to mush in the ground. Did i plant them to deep?  But looking on the bright side, I get to buy some new ones next spring.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal