Author Topic: Tomato seed, I know it's early but...  (Read 1772 times)

amphibian

Tomato seed, I know it's early but...
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:13:43 »
My seven year old daughter is engaging in a range of breeding projects and we are trying to gather seed to act as parents in the project. We're staring our search so early because we have lots of planning to do. We are looking for seeds in the following categories, and would love to try any rare or unusual varieties.

We are looking for:

Bi-colour tomatoes
Unusual shaped cherries
Centiflor cultivars
Carriers of unusual genes affecting fruit, such as ones that are particularly rich in lycopene and carotenes or anthocyanin.

We are also interested in potato leaved cherry tomato cultivars, as we have found potato leaf cultivars grow better under our conditions.

Let me know what you'd be interested in exchange, I have lots of pepper, chile, aubergine, squash & tomato seed available.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Tomato seed, I know it's early but...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:09:01 »
If you can name names I have about 36 varieties... and DebP about the same.. we could have a look for you...  :)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 08:43:46 »
Amphibian I have Brandywine Pink...it's potato leaved BUT is a beefsteak.
Jackie

amphibian

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 19:53:53 »
Quote from: Saddad
If you can name names I have about 36 varieties... and DebP about the same.. we could have a look for you...

Okay, I'll pull my finger out and post a full list of cultivars I am interested in, but it's going to take me a while to compile.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 19:03:58 »
I have a few Millefleur 'centiflor' type - not many left but you are welcome to a few  and if   this year blight does not occur I could save some seed  in a month or two.The chances are that I will have others on your list.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal