Author Topic: Do you believe the adverts ?  (Read 3586 times)

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
Do you believe the adverts ?
« on: July 29, 2009, 14:32:42 »
Tesco rapped for 'misleading' ads

Adverts comparing the cost of shopping at Tesco with two other supermarket chains were misleading, the advertising watchdog has said.

http://money.aol.co.uk/tesco-rapped-for-misleading-ads/article/2009072819113120728517

GRACELAND

• Hectare
Re: Do you believe the adverts ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 14:36:44 »
Its aload of Tripe Its ok if you Buy them Items  ???
i don't belive death is the end

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 17:07:11 »
we ain't got a tele, and tesco don't know we exist! (never even been on one of their car-parks, let alone in one of their shops)
You couldn't make it up!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 19:29:42 »
MORE lies, d**n lies and statistics........ ::) ;D

Honestly, figures can be manipulated to suit any viewpoint, what a suprise!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 19:47:40 »
I have found ASDA have less choice than TESCO these days, and just to go into the car park drives me potty. It's all 1/2 a doz of one and 6 of the other, so now I go to Waitrose, Aldi and Lidl and I'm happy. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 19:53:11 »
Supermarkets lying to us? Whatever next, a bear taxing a cr@p in the woods? A pope who prefers not to follow the protestant faith?  ;)

Nice when they get caught though!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 20:38:44 »
It's been shown that 65% of statistics are less then 25% true.

I don't have a problem with Tesco, and was very happy to stack their veggie shelves for several years.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 20:41:29 by Unwashed »
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 20:52:29 »
NO.  I just love Waitrose, although I don't shop there very often, it is expensive, but the staff are so lovely.  Just ask for something and they rush about the shop finding it for you and smile.  What a lovely shopping experience.  I even rang up to compliment the lovely lady that found me the item (can't remember what is was, old age) that I was looking for and even helped me with the recipe to cook it.  Lidle, Asda, Argos, Tesco, B & Q, Superdrug, Toys R Us, etc. etc. are crap.  Had a row in Toys R Us as wouldn't serve me with a colouring book unless I gave my postcode. computer said no. Had to call the manager and he was unhelpful.  I didn't want to give my postcode, just wanted to pay cash for a colouring book.  Just been through my cupboards and fridge and thrown away some 'buy one get one free' (out of date). The co-op is OK, apart from the fact is often runs out of stuff, sometimes milk, which is odd as it was a dairy???

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 20:55:14 »
You think thats bad then try the local Aldi and Matalan near us, They charge you to park your car for a pound then only allow you to stay for an hour. Money grabbers the lot of em.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 21:38:57 »
The Tesco in Guildford is beside the main hospital - 4 hours free parking, whether you shop there or not. The hospital is the usual disgustingly huge price (both my children had cost me £15 in parking before even being born!)... I have to say, I think that's pretty reasonable & so do all the visitors who park there.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 21:43:23 »
With Tesco Cheaper than Asda and Asda Cheaper than Tesco it did not take much to realise that something was  not quite right.

I don't like Asda.  Shop too big in Swindon. Always seem to end up queueing for ages at least Tesco has self service tills, it is easier to keep an eye on the prices.  Get something free each week.   Last week tomatoes were twice the marked price and reduction on two packs of yogurt not given, while next guy got strawberries at the wrong price.  Previous week it was cheese.  You get twice the error back in tesco.  

Lidl not as cheap as it used to be, hopefully with the pound rising things should be getting cheaper.

I agree I do not like shops which ask for my post code.  You give your post code and house number to Screwfix and they give you a choice of the names in the household to choose from -  spooky.  Big brother is watching you.

Not forgiven tesco for changing the yogurt pots my OH likes they have straight sides now so no stacking and no good for potting.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 12:30:50 »
Yes I certainly do,
                            Stork does taste better than Butter, :)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:25 »
Yes I certainly do,
                            Stork does taste better than Butter, :)

Haha, you got me there for a second!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 13:03:52 »
The Tesco in Guildford is beside the main hospital - 4 hours free parking, whether you shop there or not. The hospital is the usual disgustingly huge price (both my children had cost me £15 in parking before even being born!)... I have to say, I think that's pretty reasonable & so do all the visitors who park there.

I think being charged for parking when you visit hospital is a disgrace also paying for any kind of parking in a town centre which for me is just a tax on your shopping, the amount of times I have read or seen cases on TV when seriously ill people have to visit Day Clinics or Out Patients and they come out from their appointments and they find that they have been clamped if anything gets up my goat it's that,  >:(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 16:49:34 »
Don't believe in adverts cos the stuff I saw advertised did NOT get my oven clean. Maybe I should clean it more often lol

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 17:14:15 »
If you live in Weston Super Mare like us with the exeption of the Tesco ,which has a couple of hours free parking. You have to pay in the town centre because we have NO traffic wardens,while they're not everybodys favourite  breed of people at least they'd bring some "flow " to the parking.One hour parking is ignored people park where they like ,when they like, for as long as they like and they always get there before us!! >:(
sanity is overated

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 17:15:31 »
If you live in Weston Super Mare like us with the exeption of the Tesco ,which has a couple of hours free parking. You have to pay in the town centre because we have NO traffic wardens,while they're not everybodys favourite  breed of people at least they'd bring some "flow " to the parking.One hour parking is ignored people park where they like ,when they like, for as long as they like and they always get there before us!! >:(

If i remember last visit you have Asda    :)

Phillips Road (Off Winterstoke Road)
Somerset
BS23 3UZ
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 17:17:22 by GRACELAND »
i don't belive death is the end

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 17:19:18 »
i have to say i never believe the adverts, i do love some of them though

SIMPLES!  ;)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 17:20:15 »
i have to say i never believe the adverts, i do love some of them though

SIMPLES!  ;)
me too ;)
sanity is overated

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 17:42:41 »
If you live in Weston Super Mare like us with the exeption of the Tesco ,which has a couple of hours free parking. You have to pay in the town centre because we have NO traffic wardens,while they're not everybodys favourite  breed of people at least they'd bring some "flow " to the parking.One hour parking is ignored people park where they like ,when they like, for as long as they like and they always get there before us!! >:(

If i remember last visit you have Asda    :)
 asda isn't town centre though :(

Phillips Road (Off Winterstoke Road)
Somerset
BS23 3UZ
sanity is overated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal