Author Topic: Disorganised  (Read 3796 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Disorganised
« on: July 08, 2009, 11:06:45 »
Monday I decided to stick to weeding one small bed perfectly and cutting the grass round it but found cutting the grass with shears made me very hot. Then decided to have a walk round the allotment and ended up watering, then forgot where I had put the watering can and thought would dig a few potatoes.  I think this must be a female thing, then did a bit of talking and forgot what I was going to do.  The only good thing about all this changing of jobs is that I don't get so much backache or boredom but think it would drive OH mad.  Also he keeps asking me where my line is, and I say I am not going fishing. Well I am meant to be washing up and going to the bank, but came upstairs to print of a form and here I am on the computer.  Better go and pick my runner beans as with all the rain yesterday may have enough to give some to my neighbour, not enough yet to freeze.

Kea

• Hectare
Re: Disorganised
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:52:15 »
Ditto  ;D ;D ;D ;D

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:52 »
Borlotti,
Do you blanch and then freeze them or just freeze them?

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:06 »
I blanch them don't add salt, might do that later when cooking them, cut them up bring to the boil and then strain and rinse with cold water. When cold stick in the freezer and they are OK.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 13:26:41 »
I think this must be a female thing, did a bit of talking and forgot what I was going to do. 

Definitley a female thing. Us fellas wouldn't do a thing like that now would we chaps ;D ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 13:50:06 »
oh I certainly relate to that lol I do it all the time.

I try to be organised and it just doesnt work!

One busy day I needed to go to the loo for a wee and on the way up I grabbed an armfull of clean washing, fed the cat on the landing window sill (dogs eat the food if on the floor), turned off sons computer at the top of the landing, put the clean washing in the respective bedrooms, went into bathroom and pullled pants down and sat down, then decided to wash the sink whilst having a wee.
 Got up, flushed, washed hands grabbed the bathroom towels for washing, walked downstairs and stood still and took a deep breath and thought to myself 'Umm I want to go to the loo, OMG! I forgot to wee!!!'  :-\

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 14:46:59 »
Does anyone remember the cartoon dog muttley from wacky races....just doing his laugh! ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 16:26:37 »
I thought this was a normal state of affairs for me  ;D   ;D  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 18:44:59 »
I do exactly the same thing Borlotti, nearly everytime I go over the lottie.     ???        ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 20:11:47 »
We went today to pick fruit and veg but cos we hadn't been for a couple of days due to the rain I never got around to the harvesting until 5pm. The hollyhocks all needed staking and the dahlias. The cardoums all had to be tied up. They are higher than ever this year. The californian poppy had smothered everything in its path so had to come out. Green collection tomorrow so ower Tone got some rasperries up that were not really worth growing and bundled them up for the recycling men tomorrow. This rain has  redirected me from all the work I had planned to do
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 21:25:46 »
This is music to my ears.  I thought I was alone in being what I call 'a butterfly gardener'.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 06:19:50 »
I wish my bladder would allow me to do all that. Oh to have a young bladder ;D ;D ;D.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 07:18:33 »
  ;D Ditto grannyjanny  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 09:03:40 »
The loo is right near to the plot.Thank goodness ;D
                             I want em saying

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 09:25:07 »
I think this must be a female thing, did a bit of talking and forgot what I was going to do. 

Definitley a female thing. Us fellas wouldn't do a thing like that now would we chaps ;D ;D ;D

I concur - I would not, for example, spend half an hour looking for the knife I took home the day before and when I located my spare one forgot what I wanted it for in the first place.  Definitely!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 09:38:07 »
bet im not alone in walking purposefully into the shed only to forget what i went in for,probably do this on a daily basis,usually stick the kettle on while i try to remember  ;D
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:14 »
Unfortunately it's not restricted to the allotment/garden ......only this morning I was standing in the middle of the kitchen trying to remember what I was supposed to be doing......half asleep teenage son with all my problem memory genes as well couldn't help.....then suddenly i remembered I was supposed to be making his packed lunch.....something I've done every school morning for the past 15 years.......something I forget at least 3 times a week!

I too have spent ages looking for something I thought I'd left on the ground at the allotment only to go home later and find it in a very obvious place in the garage.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 13:16:08 »
Having worked for years in an office, I like being disorganised.  I like flitting from one thing to the next.  Like chatting to people. OH has aphasia and can't hold a conversation. 

Like organised chaos. 

But wish I could find my trowel and scissors, and where has the watering can gone?

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 16:48:36 »
Yesterday was a perfect example, I went to the lottie to take all the shallots out and hang them in the shed.
As I walked on to the plot I started weeding down the other end in the brassicas.
Then I found myself wandering aimlessly round the wigwamed beans.
Ah that's better I found the shallots and started pulling them.
Suddenly I was transported into the beetroot area to pull 3 nicely sized ones in case I forgot to take them home.
Back to the shallots, hang on I need some string from the shed.
On the way back I'll just check to see how the carrots are doing in the tub.
I'll just whip out a few springys while I'm next door.
Back to the shallots, nearly finished.
How did I get here, ol well I'll pick some peas while I'm here, shall I get some spuds out, no be strong and finish what your doing.
All done and hung in the shed.
Blimey where did all this produce come from, I might as well top it up with a few spuds.
    ???      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 19:01:19 »
I think you were having a feminine moment Kev ;D
                             I want em saying