Author Topic: weather and bath water  (Read 2216 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
weather and bath water
« on: June 25, 2009, 15:36:40 »
  Plants in my garden need watering and I remembered someone on here said they used their bathwater.  How do I get it from bath to outside tub.  Is there a cheap pump I can throw in the bath and connect to my hosepipe?   Forward the brainy people please.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: weather and bath water
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 15:53:37 »
You have a couple of options any siphon will work but may be slow, there is a product called "Droughtbuster" designed for this purpose which attaches to a garden hose it typically costs about £20.
A faster alternative would be to get a drill powered water pump prices start from just £1 each but you get what you pay for. A drill powered pump attaches to a garden hose the flow rate varies from one manufacturer to another & will be dependent on the power of your drill to a certain extent.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 17:13:33 »
Thanks for quick reply.  The drill one sounds good.  Off to B & Q tomorrow.  I bought my drill from them about 2 years ago so hope they can help.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 17:44:34 »
I have a downstairs bathroom, and would just use a bucket, but have been informed it will rain tonight.  I mean I would fill the bucket and then water the garden, not use the bucket for anything else.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 18:49:14 »
My bathroom is upstairs and lowering a bucket out of a front window would convice the neighbours I had completely flipped.  They think I am a half way there now because of the odd things I take to my allotment.  Their grass cuttings and old pieces of wood etc..

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal